Your music not in ipad version

Solved!

Re: Your music not in ipad version

cmonster
Roadie
Excellent idea. I rated this sucky update of the spotify for ipad app that came out TODAY just one star.

You should too

#spotifysucksforipad

jimmypowder
Gig Goer
I guess it's time to start asking Spotify for partial credits on my monthly bill .
Say 10 bucks down to 5

I recommend everyone ask for credits .

Insaneoptimist
I agree we need some info on when my music is coming to ipad I use my ipad to browse when I'm playing music through iphone which have I have docked, this really needs to be sorted out soon find it so frustrating I'm not using spotiffy as much now because off this I may well cancel if not sorted out soon

Teilo
Regular
Given the fact the The iOS version of Spotify is universal app, the only thing preventing the iPad version from having a My Music section is UI programming. Since this is the case, there are really only two possible reasons why this hasn't happened yet: Internal politics or contracts.

In other words, this has nothing to do with the abilities of the engineers to deliver a product. Someone is holding them back for reasons entirely outside their control. I will guarantee you that Spotify has had the iPad UI changes ready for months, and there is either an internal business reason or power struggle, or a clause in the contract with the record labels preventing them from releasing it.

spom409
Casual Listener
Recent update from support. Not good news at all.

Received this morning. Any suggestions for alternative services ? I miss Mog!

As you're already fully aware, there's not been an update for the iPad recently, meaning it doesn't have the Your Music feature like the other devices we support do. As much as I'd love to be able to tell you that we're going to release an update soon, there's currently no plans to do so. Sorry about that!

timtwisters
Regular
Nice for someone at Spotify to finally give some sort of answer, the question is why? When you've clearly got a whole load of paying customers who aren't happy and an inconsistent experience across different platforms that makes the user experience on the ipad in particular really poor. We deserve a bit more information here.....

StevenR
Roadie

@spom409 wrote:
Recent update from support. Not good news at all.

Received this morning. Any suggestions for alternative services ? I miss Mog!

As you're already fully aware, there's not been an update for the iPad recently, meaning it doesn't have the Your Music feature like the other devices we support do. As much as I'd love to be able to tell you that we're going to release an update soon, there's currently no plans to do so. Sorry about that!

I'd decided to send a tweet to Spotify and also to the Twitter account of Daniel Ek (Spotify CEO).

I got a reply last night which, although not as negative as the one you got, still doesn't bode well for an iPad update:

"Hey Steven! We don't have an exact date for an iPad update but we'll let our developers know you're keen to see it!"

cmonster
Roadie

I've gotten that same tweet before. Jerks.

I've started trying again Google Play All Access the past few days and am pleased to find it much better than when it was first launched. 

Same price as Spotify, huge library (no holes yet) and the app on Android phones is great. Nothing specifically for ipad at this time, but the iphone version works just fine on ipad and.... you can sort by album and artist. Imagine that!

They have a free 30-day trial that I am using as an experiment. If it keeps going well, bye bye Spotify.

spom409
Casual Listener
Please keep us posted on Google play.
Does it allow you to manage a library that can be played from either the iPhone or iPad?

The challenge with Spotify is the inability to save / manage music on one device and be able to find and play it on the other due to the software difference..
If I am home, I use the iPad. When I travel, I'd like to be able to access my library on my iPhone.

timtwisters
Regular
Spom409 thanks you have hit the nail right on the head there. Spotify please listen to your customers or give us a decent explanation as to why this feature is not In the ipad app!
SUGGESTED POSTS