Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

app crashing

app crashing

the last update meant that i cant accsess the app without it crashing. its not just me having this problem. ive tried everything thats been said reinstalling then resetting the phone then installing again and made no progress. i would really like it to be fixed as i pay for premium. i have an iphone 4 on 1os7. 

2 Replies

Hi there,

This is an issue with the current client, Spotify is aware of this issue and will fix this as soon as possible.

Could you fill in the template below and post it in this thread?

Description

Replace this with a short description of the issue you're experiencing.

A more detailed description, using numbered steps

1. First I did this

2. Then I did that

3. I also did this

4. then this

5. then this

6. and finally, this

What I expected to happen

This is what I expected to happen

What actually happened

This is what happened instead.

My iPad/iPhone model

Eg. iPhone 3G, iPhone 4S, The New iPad, etc.

Device’s Operating System

E.g. 3.1.1, 4.1,5.1.1, 6.0.1, etc.

Is your device jailbroken?

If you don’t know what this means you can probably answer “No”

Approximately how many playlists do you have?

I.e. fewer than 10 or more than 200

Please also include how many, more or less, of those playlists are synced for offline use

My mobile Spotify version

E.g. 0.8.4.

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

E.g. 0.8.4.

My provider and country

Eg. AT&T, US; or Telia, Sweden

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

I have cancelled my subscription to Spotify Premium due to the problems with the iOS mobile app following the update of 9/10/2014, ver. 1.7.0.2390. The app repeatedly crashes within a few seconds of startup. I consulted the forum community and apparently there are numerous customers with the same issue. I tried deleting then reinstalling the app several times, only to have the same result during re-sync, crashes each time. Why has Spotify not officially addressed this situation? How about an acknowledgment and a time frame for a solution? It is a shame, because before this situation, I really enjoyed the Premium service. However, Spotify's lack of support/service demonstrates to me that Spotify does not care about their customers. Spotify's "help" section just leaves it to the users to solve their own problems. There is no contact info, online support or even a phone number, only an email address when you cancel your subscription. Even if Spotify manages to fix the app, I will not return because your miserable customer service borders on arrogance, taking your customers for granted and assuming they will continue to pay for a service that doesn't work. I will give my $9.99 to one of your competitors and see if they can do better. I would encourage all of the other users out there to do the same, it is the only way to send an effective message to Spotify, hurt the bottom line and maybe you will see some positive action.

Suggested posts