Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

artist shuffle

Solved!

artist shuffle

I've noticed recently that when you shuffle play an artist it generally isn't randomizing their entire catalog.  I skipped through Alicia Keys for instance on shuffle and it repeated several tracks a handful of times while others weren't even queued.  Even a whole album was not included.  Is there a setting I need to change or something?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@padge55 As much as I love it to be done in a snap, I think it will take time as they have an ideas review every month end and there's tons of bugs and ideas to be cleared all the time.. So its definitely in the priority list but it takes time.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

@padge55

We spoke about this last time:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/Album-Shuffle-play-on-iPhone/m-p/857...
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

I've read all of the stuff about probability but it doesn't answer the question. Are there plans to improve the algorithm? Or perhaps adopt the one that for instance the media player Winamp used where this issue never arose once?

Head to this thread about shuffle:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Implement-an-actual-shuffle-function/idi-p/27607
I'm here to shuffle!

That was actually really helpful. I was unaware of the distinction between randomizer and shuffle. Do you know if Spotify plans to implement a true shuffle? It seems to be universally desired.
Marked as solution

@padge55 As much as I love it to be done in a snap, I think it will take time as they have an ideas review every month end and there's tons of bugs and ideas to be cleared all the time.. So its definitely in the priority list but it takes time.
I'm here to shuffle!

Suggested posts