Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

can't download iPhone app abroad

can't download iPhone app abroad

Hi, I have a Swedish premium account but I can't download the app to my (new) iPhone here in Italy. Help please. 

/calle

6 Replies

I am not currently aware of any way to bypass the location settings in iTunes and the Apple App Store. Maybe some other bright spark will know! 

The Spotify application is not available in the Italian store as Italy is not currently a Spotify launch country. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

OK, thanks, but with a Premium account you can listen abroad. Now I just need to download the app. 

I think the issue here is that Spotify assume that you will download and install the application before you go abroad. Hopefully someone will have a solution for you!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Has anybody got any news on this or any ideas for a workaround?

I am a premium user from the UK and I live in Japan at the moment. I bought a Japanese iPhone and I can't download the app.

According to this thread, I may not be able to listen to music on the go as long as I live here 😞

F* my life or what?

I'm willing to jailbreak my iphone, use a proxy or whatever it takes...

What really gets me is that I wanted an Android phone but contracts and phones are very expensive here and an iPhone 4s was the best value i could find. I should have been wary ...

Hi. I replied to your other post.

change your itunes app store to UK not Japan.

Should be able to download after than.

Suggested posts