Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

can't find a spotify user??

can't find a spotify user??

i've tried everything to find my friend on here, but it's not working, and they can easily find my profile, but they can't follow me. every time i type in their username nothing pops up, and idk what to do. help??

5 Replies

Hello @stigma,

Try finding their usename this way. spotify:user:(Their username).

This however only works on the desktop app.

Hope this helps.

If this was your solution please mark it as such.

i tried that and it didn't work. is there any other advice you can give me?

Hmm, thats odd. I found you on Spotify pretty easily. I would suggest for your friend to follow one of your followers. Then you can find them through the mutual contact.

Hope this helps.
If this was the solution please mark it as such.

@phan_times wrote:

Hello @stigma,

Try finding their usename this way. spotify:user:(Their username).

This however only works on the desktop app.

Hope this helps.

If this was your solution please mark it as such.

@pahn_times

Not true, this course of action also works for - at least - the iOS application.

So I'd guess it does work on Android as well.

@stigma

On topic:

I agree with @pahn_times, your problem sounds very odd, and the solution he posted should've solved your issue - unless you're mixing up this community page and the application.

Your friends username on here might not be the same as for the application itself.

Also, when you say "on here", do you mean on the community, or the application? Could you perhaps share your friends username so we could see if the problem exists for us as well?

It would be much appreciated if you were a bit more detailed. 🙂

Ask them to check if they're profile is private or public, if it's private, other users can't find them or view their activity.

Suggested posts