Premium

Country

Poland

Device

watch se with iphone 6s plus

Operating System

watch os 8.1 / iOS 15.1

My Question or Issue

when I change device to watch it's stuck on connecting and watch icon infinitely blinking on main screen. Everything seems to be good connected because I don't have this issue on apple music

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @N0ky,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.

Whenever there's a connectivity issue with the Watches' app, it's a good idea to reinstall the app on both devices (follow these steps for the phone app), then pair them again and see if you're able to play music from the Watch.

If the issue persists, we'd like to confirm if you're able to stream the music from your phone using the Connect feature and if you're able to download music to your watch.

Keep us posted!

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @N0ky,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.

Whenever there's a connectivity issue with the Watches' app, it's a good idea to reinstall the app on both devices (follow these steps for the phone app), then pair them again and see if you're able to play music from the Watch.

If the issue persists, we'd like to confirm if you're able to stream the music from your phone using the Connect feature and if you're able to download music to your watch.

Keep us posted!

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

None of those actions listed above makes any difference. I think a lot of us are just about to give up and join Apple Music, as abhorrent as that is. I honestly think Apple makes it difficult for the Spotify app on purpose.  Who knows... 

Either way, here's the work around sucky though it may be. You need to find the Music App on your watch (it's already there by default and it's called "Music")  and let your headphones connect to that first. Once the music is coming from the watch itself, you can then go over to the Spotify App and press play and it will work.  I've tried every other work around and sadly if you want to use the Spotify App on your Watch, this is the fastest way to get it to work. There are other ways to get it to work but for me this is the most direct and reliable. 

I had a similar issue with my new watch (Otra). The Spotify app and connection to my headphones via the watch, worked perfectly first time. Then, because I like the tracks actually stored on the device. I use the option on my iPhone to download the playlist to the Apple Watch. From then on, I could change tracks on my iPhone from the watch, but not play those tracks on the watch. The watch had disappeared from available devices on the iPhone. Shutting down and restarting the watch didn’t help. The final solution was to go into the watch app on the iPhone, “display on watch “and then reenable it. The Apple Watch Spotify app was no visible in the iPhone. 

Suggested posts