Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

can't listen to a specific artist for more than 20 minutes

can't listen to a specific artist for more than 20 minutes

I am on a free plan, iPhone XR, on ios 13.3.1 and on the spotify version 8.4.45 at the time of posting. For about a week everytime i decide to listen to a specific artist the songs continue crashing. I'll be listening to an album of theirs and after some songs it'll stop playing and when i go into the app it shows I'm not playing anything. Then when i try to go back and hit Shuffle Play it either doesn't work, or it plays songs that are in the list that shows in the album, but not actually part of the album (for example, a remix the artist made of a someone else's song). I've tried hiding the songs or selecting don't play this song, but it still plays it. If I try to create a playlist with all the songs I want from the artist, about 20 minutes in it will just start playing the songs spotify recommends I add to it, even though the playlist is much longer than 20 minutes. This is an issue that seems to only occur with the specific artist and their album, as I've checked. It appears that the problem is also only on my iPhone. Deleting and reinstalling does not help. Neither does logging out and back in.

2 Replies

Hey @alumiiiniiium,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community and welcome.

It'd be great for you to read this support site article and follow the steps listed in it to see if Spotify works properly as a result.

If following the steps in the article doesn't do the trick, it'd be good to perform a clean reinstall and start with a brand-new (as well as the latest) version of the app. Take a look at this Spotify answer to find out how the clean reinstall procedure works for your iPhone.

If what you reported isn't fixed after these attempts, would you mind sharing a screen video of what happens? It'll help us look into it in greater detail.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Doing a clean reinstall seems to have worked, although I've only since tested it once. Thanks for your help!

Update: Unfortunately, the problem has since come back.

Suggested posts