Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

can't see artist's info on the IPhone app

Solved!

can't see artist's info on the IPhone app

Hi guys,

When I click on the artist's info link (usually placed at the bottom of each artist's page), I am directed to a black page (i.e., black screen) instead of seeing the full info about the artist.

This is happening with all artists, while it used to work fine in the past.

Plan

Premium

Country

Israel

Device

(iPhone Xr)

Operating System

(iOS 14.0.1)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Ofer21

Alright- you're welcome! If you need help in the future, you can always start a new topic and the Community will be happy to help.

Have a great day!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hey @Ofer21, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a clean reinstall of the app following these steps.

If you're still having trouble, let me know what device this happens on, as well as the current software version.

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hi again, first of all, thank you for the quick response. 
I did as you suggested; that is, restarted the device, and then deleted the app, and reinstalled it. 
the problem is still there...

I am attaching two images, to illustrate the problem, so you can see it the way I see it. 
I’d appreciate any further advice. 
thank you,

A7D4AD63-4956-4492-8C75-AD7430F6EFDE.png
87D05B7E-2955-4DB3-8C21-4EE2ACC44EF1.png

ps., I am using iPhone XR, with iOS 14.0.1 

The app version is: 8.5.78.928

Hey @Ofer21

Thanks for the info!

This is an Ongoing Issue that Spotify is investigating. You can check it out here. You can add your +VOTE which will help with Spotify's investigation. 

Hope this clears things up but I'll be here if you need anything else!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hi there,

Thank you for the info. 

I played with it a bit more, and learned that when I change the app language settings to English, everything works smoothly, and I can see the artists' info page.

However, when I use my native language (in my case, Hebrew), the problem persists. 

So, in the meantime I moved to English... I guess this Spotify's way to tell me that I can use some practice in English 😉

Thank you again

Hey @Ofer21

Alright, thanks for the additional info. I'd like to gather some info so I can pass it on and discuss it further. 

• Does the issue persist when you switch back to Hebrew?
  • Can you replicate it on another device or with a friend or family member's account?

Keep me updated. 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hello again,

Yes. The problem persists under all conditions.

That is, when I moved back to Hebrew, the problem reappeared on my phone (IOS).

following your question, I checked the issue on another phone I have (Samsung). The problem looks very similar, but not identical. In this case, when I tap on the artists' link, I am directed to the full information page, but it shows only the first few lines, instead of the full information that I can read in the English version.

In short, it appears that the artist's info page is available in the English version of the app, but not in the Hebrew one. 

By the way, I tried moving to another language (Arabic, just for curiosity...), and the problem looks the same.

Thank you.

Hey @Ofer21,

I've reported this to the right team and they'll look into it.

In the meantime, you should be using your app in the English version if you want to be able to view artist info. Since this is a feature that is a feature which is still in it's test phase it might not work for all users across different regions.

Hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Thank you again. I will do so, as I truly like this feature. This is a nice opportunity to read about musicians I encounter.

By the way, I should note that this feature used to work on in the past, and it stopped after a while.

In any event, thank  you, and all the best.

Marked as solution

Hey @Ofer21

Alright- you're welcome! If you need help in the future, you can always start a new topic and the Community will be happy to help.

Have a great day!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hi i am having the same problem 

How do I change to the English version of the app?

Suggested posts