Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

can you sync itunes purchased music to ipod through spotify?

Solved!

can you sync itunes purchased music to ipod through spotify?

I want to make the switch from itunes to spotify, I synced up my ipod to spotify but I noticed all of my purchased music from the itunes store did not transfer over to my ipod.

Is there a way to sync purchased itunes music to your ipod when your ipod is synced up with spotify?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

If that's the case, unfortunately the music you bought may have DRM on it, although most iTunes bought music should be fine. This would prevent it from being added.

You can check if a music file is DRM protected by following the steps here. If they're not, let me know!

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Indeed there is 🙂

Firstly, you can go to File>Import Playlists>Itunes in Spotify desktop, and make sure your iTunes music appears in the offline files part of Spotify. If not, you can go to the folder where your itunes music is and drag+drop the song files into a Spotify playlist.

Then, to sync the offline tracks to your device, follow the steps here.

Anthony 🙂

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

I've followed these steps and I got all of my music to sync EXCEPT my itunes purchased music(I think because itunes purchased music is protected).

I think part of the problem as to why the purchased music wont sync to my ipod is that there is a little music symbol next to the "added column" in spotify, and this symbol is RED for all my itunes purchased music, and any song that has this symbol as red wont sync to my ipod.  is there any way to fix this?  Is there any way to sync itunes protected music to my ipod through spotify?

Marked as solution

Hi,

If that's the case, unfortunately the music you bought may have DRM on it, although most iTunes bought music should be fine. This would prevent it from being added.

You can check if a music file is DRM protected by following the steps here. If they're not, let me know!

Anthony 🙂

thank you for your help! yes it was DRM protected, i guess any itunes purchased music before 2009 is DRM protected.  I found a program to rip to DRM off so I could put it on spotify.  It was kind of a long process but now I have ALL of my music on spotify and synced to my ipod, finally switching over completely to spotify, lovin this program.

thanks

Suggested posts