Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

cannot not play downloaded music offline.

Solved!

cannot not play downloaded music offline.

Hi!!  I have an ipod touch (2016) and am using a premium spotify membership. I cannot play downloaded music off line. I have offline button on under the playback section in tools. in the car and the green downlaod arrows are black and white. The were clearly downloaded with green down arrows when I used wifi to add to my library. I do not have more than 3 devices. THis also seems to happen sporadically.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I fixed the problem by connecting my ipod touch to my computer getting on
iTunes and clicking on restore ipod. Works fine now.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Same issue with both playlists and albums 

Yeah, same issue here. 

It usually plays fine in the car, although I have no internet connection there either.. 

The files ARE really downloaded (I can play a few songs from my library that are still in the 'recent' list), but when I go to 'Your Music' / albums.. it says  no music has been dowloaded. 

This is really frustrating, since this was one of the reasons I purchased Spotify.. to play music on the go.

Can someone please resolve this issue ??! It clearly has something to do with the downloaded songs / albums not being displayed.

Kr, Jan

just a quick addition : my download arrows remain green in the 'recents' list, but when I choose an album, it says no content. Also, the songs that do play from recent, seem to be tied to my last search. I don't get to see more songs when I empty the search field though..

I have the same problem and have noticed it happening for around a month. I can also supply some more details...

I travel a lot and use Spotify extensively when my phone is in airplane mode. I can reproduce the problem by:

1) Making sure Spotify has not been used for a couple of hours. I guess I could do the same thing by killing the app, or restarting my phone.

2) Putting my phone in flight mode

3) Starting the Spotify app. I see the Spotify logo on the splash screen, so I guess the app is being reloaded into memory

4) I get the annoying "Turn Off Airplane Mode or Use Wi-Fi to Access Data" messagebox. This is normal but it's pretty dumb: if I'm on a plane and in airplane mode, of course I can't turn off airplane mode...

5) I go to my Library and I can see all my downloaded albums with the green downloaded icon next to them, but when I click on the album I get the message "You haven't saved anything from [insert album name]. Save this album to keep it in Your Library". However, the Available Offline slider indicates that the album is available offline.

The workaround is to make sure the Spotify app has been started immediately before I turn on airplane mode. If I do that, then I am able to play all of my downloaded albums.

I guess what happens when Spotify gets loaded up is that it has to download all of the playlist/saved album information. In previous versions if it started when my phone was in airplane mode I guess it used a cached local copy if it couldn't connect to the internet and what has caused the problem in recent releases is that this is not happening any more.

Marked as solution

I fixed the problem by connecting my ipod touch to my computer getting on
iTunes and clicking on restore ipod. Works fine now.

Try above solution. It worked for me.

Suggested posts