Premium

Country

Italy

Device

iphone 8 

Operating System

(iOS 13.6)

My Question or Issue 

Canvas disappeared from my account and i don’t know how to take it back, my account is in the latest version, i just want to solve the problem because i love this app and i want to enjoy everything it can offer to me 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

Billy-J
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @ariannariccio, thanks for reaching out to the Community about this.

I understand that you enjoy this feature and I’ll be happy to help you to see if we can get this feature back for you!

Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a clean reinstall of the app following these steps.

If you're still having trouble, let me know what device this happens on, as well as the current software version. Also, attach a screenshot of what happens when you try to enable the Canvas feature by going to Settings (gear icon) > Playback.

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Solution!

Billy-J
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @ariannariccio, thanks for reaching out to the Community about this.

I understand that you enjoy this feature and I’ll be happy to help you to see if we can get this feature back for you!

Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a clean reinstall of the app following these steps.

If you're still having trouble, let me know what device this happens on, as well as the current software version. Also, attach a screenshot of what happens when you try to enable the Canvas feature by going to Settings (gear icon) > Playback.

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JRock Star 24

View solution in original post

mshiversmusic
Casual Listener

I am having the same problem. I tried reinstalling Spotify, and I tried restarting my device. Nothing changed.

I had Canvas up until June 2020, then it disappeared as a playback option.

I'm attaching screen shots. I have my data saver turned to "off."

I have an iPhone XR, software version 14.2.

IMG_1577.PNG
IMG_1576.PNG

CarlosE

Hi there @mshiversmusic,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

Canvas is one of the features we're still testing - we’re always testing possible improvements and new features, so you might see something on the app that other users don't or vice-versa, or get a brand-new feature for only a temporary period.

You can also take a look at this Ongoing Issue and add your +Vote and Subscribe to be on top of any new updates we share about it.

We really value your feedback as it helps inform our decisions going forward, and we'll be sure to pass this on to the right folks.

If you have any questions or need anything else, give us a shout.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

m1907m
Regular

Hey, I have the same exact issue with my spotify account. The device is not the problem because when others logged onto their accounts on my device they had the canvas feature. I had canvas too before so it made no sense to me why they would just disappear, even if they're apparently still being "tested". They worked perfectly fine so why would you take them away for just a few spotify users? It's been many many months now and I'm very disappointed 😕

Jeremy

Hey there @

Thank you for your post in this thread.

We currently have an ongoing issue about this. You can follow the instructions that's provided in there, leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

m1907m
Regular

Hey,

Thanks for linking that ongoing issue post 🙂 I already left a "+VOTE" a while ago though and I hoped it would change within a couple of months but unfortunately it hasn't yet. I really hope it comes back soon to every spotify user who has lost the feature.

mshiversmusic
Casual Listener

Same here! And as an artist who made a Canvas video for their most recent release, it's extremely disappointing knowing not all users see it and that I cannot even see it myself! I think that Canvas is a great feature, and I'd love to have it back.

ariannariccio
Casual Listener
thanks for answering, I did everything you suggested but it doesn’t work 😕
it happens on an iphone 8 on ios 13.6 version

Billy-J
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @ariannariccio,

Thanks for the details! 

If you have another device, or a different Spotify account, could you check to see if the Canvas feature appears on there?

Keep me posted. 

Billy-JRock Star 24

ariannariccio
Casual Listener
i did everything, i checked on the other account on another device and it appears, then i tried to log in with my account on the device and it doesn’t appear, i guess it’s a problem with my account

Billy-J
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @ariannariccio,

Got it. Could you attach another screenshot of the Playback section in your settings?

As a workaround, you can also create a new account and transfer your music and followers there if you see the Canvas feature on a different account.

Keep me posted.

Billy-JRock Star 24
SUGGESTED POSTS