Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

content of Liked songs (below artist)

content of Liked songs (below artist)

Plan

Premium

Country

Belgium

Device

iPhone XS

Operating System

iOS 13

My Question or Issue

If I search for an artist I see there's a new section below the following button which lists how many songs of this particular artist I've liked. Very cool! But unfortunately what songs I see in here is far from reality. For instance this section says I've liked 114 songs for artist Loscil, but if I go to my Library and check the Liked Songs playlist I only find 5 songs of Loscil in all of the songs I've liked from all artists. This is correct.

I think I know why this might have happened. I used to have thousands of songs in my Liked Songs (albums I saved in the past and due to a Spotify error got added to Liked Songs) and there were several of Loscil's albums included which could add up to the 114 songs I see here. I've recently cleaned all my Liked Songs so I could start with a clean slate, but unfortunately below the artist section of many of my favourite artists it still seems it remembered the songs that were liked before the cleanup.

How can I get this back in sync? Thanks a lot.

8 Replies

Hey @Frederik81,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Since it could be a temporary error, would you mind trying each of the following steps?

• Log out and back in. 

• Check the app is up-to-date.

• Check your device's operating system is up to date.

• Reinstall the app and restart your phone.
    Note: After reinstalling, you'll need to redownload any music you've made available for offline listening.

We'll look out for your reply and be here to help with anything else as well!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Mario

Thanks for the reply. I tried all steps. No success so far alas. The query in my screenshot is on my general Liked Songs playlist.

For the record, I did this major cleanup yesterday so I had hopes there might be some internal Spotify processes running overnight to sync up stuff like this, but no dice so far.

IMG_2623.jpg
IMG_2622.jpg

Hey @Frederik81,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

Just to confirm, do you see the same things (114 liked songs for Loscil) if you access your account using a different mobile device? The synchronization issue might depend on your account or device and doing this test should help us understand what the case is.

We'll look out for your reply and be available for anything else in the meantime!

Mario Moderator

Hi Mario,

Unfortunately I can confirm the same error occurs on my iPad. That’s the only other mobile device I have. I do have Spotify on my laptop as well but the app over there doesn’t feature the Liked songs below the artist names so I can’t compare there.

I've did some more researching and I think I discovered the reason why there's a discrepancy.

It seems if you search for an artist and look below the Following button for the Liked songs you are presented with all the songs you've liked of said artist but apparently also all the albums you've saved/added to your library. I tried removing an album from my library and indeed those songs were removed from the listing.

Is this intentional by design because to me this seems counter intuitive and also makes for the discrepancy when I look at my general Liked Songs playlist. Might be a bug?

@Frederik81

I agree. I do think there should be a more relevant section where you will find (for that particular artist) saved Albums  AND liked song. Now it's mostly fine but not easy..

This was the only thread I could find about this issue. I am annoyed by this as well. The “liked by artist” playlist is inconsistent with the actual contents of my overall liked songs playlist, since it is adding both liked songs and saved albums from said artist. Could someone clarify if this is by design or a bug?

P.S. I love Loscil. One of my favorite ambient artists

Hey @mattyp7, @Lorenzo_NGG and Frederik81,

Thanks for sharing your feedback!

We'll make sure that it's taken into account when moving forward. Keep in mind that we're constantly running tests in order to provide you with the best music experience possible. So it's possible that you might see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a brand-new feature for only a temporary period. Click here to learn more about Spotify tests.

We'd also recommend that you post your idea about a separate tab for liked albums in our Ideas Exchange. You can learn how to do this here. The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what our users are interested in and how many people like a certain idea. You can read more about it here.

Hope this helps. The Community is here for you if you have any questions. 

Mihail Moderator

Suggested posts