Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

data usage and downloaded music

data usage and downloaded music

Spotify Premium

iPhone 7, iOS 11.4.1, carrier is AT&T in the U.S.

Please excuse the repeat of details in this post. I just want to be sure that I am clear for anyone who can answer my questions.........

I am using the Spotify app on my iPhone. I have selected "download" for a number of tracks. My question is, when I listen to that "downloaded" music through the app on my phone and I am away from a WiFi signal, am I using data against my AT&T cellular plan? I was under the assumption that I was not using data because the songs were downloaded to the app on my phone. Am I correct when saying this? I never have "Offline" turned on in my settings in the app. I thought that turning on "Offline" only ensures that the app will play only music that has been "downloaded". So if I have a playlist and all tracks in that list are "downloaded" I shouldn't have to have the app set to "offline" and I shouldn't use any data against my cellular plan? Is that correct?

Thanks in advance!

Brian

1 Reply

Hey @bhoward1, welcome to the Community..

Hope you are doing great!

They are all correct! You won't use any bit of the Mobile Data if the songs are alreadt downloaded 🙂

You don't need to set it to Offline just if you want to. If no connection is detected Spotify will stay offline until you reconnect to the internet and in the meantime you will be able to listen to the music you have already downloaded.

If you need to know more about it just read this FAQ 😉

Have a nice day 😄

Suggested posts