Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

downloaded menu disappeared from library

downloaded menu disappeared from library

I recently updated the iOS app and discover Spotify decided to remove the Downloaded menu from the library.

this was simply the most useful menu of the app...

i can’t understand what’s motivation to remove it but for sure it is making the ux worse.

is there any plan to bring it back asap?

Plan

Premium

Country

France/Japan

Device

(iPhone 6, Iphone 7, iPad Pro)

Operating System

(iOS 11)

My Question or Issue

5 Replies

Hey @Ronaula,

Sorry to hear this!

I went ahead and checked on my mobile device, which is an iOS device, and there was an update. However, I still see the app the same as it was before the update. 

Could you provide me a screenshot of what you’re seeing please? 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello, 

Thanks for the reply!

Here is a screen shot.

E12D8F13-CE2B-4133-ADA9-26A899674862.png There was a menu “téléchargement” which means “downloaded” where I could find all my download in one place (playlist or album). It was in the upper part of library, like the other menu “artists” , “podcasts” etc...

It has been removed in the update. 

I think it was the most useful menu of the app I need to use the app offline many times and it is impossible to remember all the download.

i hope we can get it back?

@Ronaula,

Thanks for the screenshot 🙂

I’ve checked and looks like this has been discontinued, so I don’t think it will be back anytime soon. 

You can learn more here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Downloads-tab-missing/m-p/4364968/highlight/true#M9...

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hello @Billy-j

Thank you for your support!

Yes, I’m’afraid this will not come back and will be the reason for me to move away from Spotify.

I found many people asking it back including the link you sent me. Replacing a short cut by a sub menu is just wrong. It’s weird Spotify ignoring customers requirement.

The Service really diserve a better UI, but I think it’s simply not a focus point for Spotify.

Cheers,

Rodolphe

Hey @Ronaula,

I totally understand your concern. 

The link I provided is what others think too. Spotify always tries to make the mobile experience better for everyone. 

If this reply helped you out, make sure to mark it as the solution. This way, other users who might be facing this issue can come into this thread and see the solution too 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts