Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

downloaded songs not playing offline

downloaded songs not playing offline

Plan

Premium

Country

Singapore 

Device

Iphone XR 

Operating System

(iOS 13.31)

My Question or Issue

I have a premium account which worked fine except for recently because all of my downloaded playlists and albums are suddenly unavailable offline. When I’m online the download arrow is green and it’s stated that all my songs have been downloaded but the moment I go offline and refresh the app everything’s unavailable. The only way I can work around this is my preloading everything with wifi beforehand and not closing the app, but that completely defeats the purpose of having a premium subscription. I’ve cleared the cache, reinstalled the app and restarted my phone multiple times and have spent hours downloading and redownloading my songs over the past couple of days only for them to still be unavailable. I’ve also spoken to 2 customer support agents but nothing came out of it. Any help is greatly appreciated!

6 Replies

Hey @hydratedfailure, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Could you try using the Sign Out Everywhere option in your Spotify's account page?

Also, did you happen to ask the agents to remove your Offline Devices?

Keep me posted and take care 🙂

Hi!

Thanks so much for the response. I’ve just tried signing out everywhere and relogged it, but my downloads are still only available offline on my mac and not my iphone. I haven’t tried asking the agents to remove my offline devices yet though, but I’ll send an email requesting that seeing as they’re at limited capacity right now. 

I'm having the exact same issue and I'm VERY FRUSTRATED by it. I shouldn't have to go through all these pointless steps. It used to work. Now it doesn't. I didn't do anything different.

hey there!

I’ve actually managed to sort of fix the issue by myself! The spotify
support team was extremely helpful and we emailed back and forth for 2
weeks but nothing came out of it; they even gave me a new account and
deleted the old one in an attempt to completely reboot my playlists but
that didn’t work either. In a last ditch attempt I created a new playlist
and simply copied (select all and paste) all the previous songs from a
pre-existing playlist into the new one, so it was an exact copy, and then
deleted the old playlist. And lo and behold it downloaded! I think the
issue was that spotify had removed songs from their platform that I had in
playlists, and that caused them to be unable to play offline. I hope this
helps!

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your posts. We're happy to continue assist you here in the Community.

In this case we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app since that will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Also - does this occur when you download your music from a specific device or multiple devices?

You can also try to download you music with another internet connection to see if the issue persists.

Keep us posted. We'll have an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Wow, interesting! Thank you for the quick reply. I have been dealing with this for at least a few months now. I work in the mountains and I am out of cell range quite a bit so I rely on downloaded songs and and someone who really values music in my day.

Suggested posts