Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

error 01 with alpine car stereo

error 01 with alpine car stereo

This worked fine for a week then suddenly after playing 1 track the car stereo showed error 01. I have read many many posts but no fix. Spotify say they do not deal with car head units and that is their answer. It is not a head unit issue but a spotify one, if it was a head unit issue then why did it work for a week fine and then problem, why does the apple music app work perfectly without this error message, which by the way alleges it is a connection problem, also why does this error message occur at the very end of a track in the tiny break before the next track starts, if it was a connection problem it would happen at random times during playback. Come on spotify, what is your answer, what is the fix, it is not alpine or ipod connection issue. Was going to become paying member but no point if app does not work in car. Yes re setting ipod and reconnecting works but only for 6 songs, yes exactly 6 songs after every reset. Any further info required I will gladly supply

2 Replies

There is an open bugs topic about iOS Spotify and in car behaviour too:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Bugs/iOS-Spotify-on-car-stereo/td-p/538260

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks for the reply, but as I said, I have read many many posts about this, all your link gives is more, no answers or fixes. Most for ios 7 as well. Just read 14 pages from your link and none match my issue, I found more earlier before I posted.  I'm using an old ipod touch 3rd gen, ios 5.1.1 maximum so running old version of spotify.  Connecting to stereo with alpine 30 pin connection lead. Apple music app works perfectly for hour after hour, spotify app plays 6 tracks and then freezes ipod touch and displays error 01 ie no connection, so you have to unplug and reset touch.  Why? and why was it ok for a week? There are pages of posts with the same issue, I have read them, and also many follow up posts as no fixes and no response. 

Suggested posts