Premium

Country

Portugal

Device

(iPad Air 2)

Operating System

(iOS 13.5.1)

My Question or Issue

like quite a few other people here, i have a problem with my library: some followed artists disappear over again after a few hours, others stay, as expected.

i have had this problem since the very beginning of my subscription, but chose to ignore it, since it was not really bothering me. that fact has changed over the last few months and is now getting to the point where i am already annoyed and considering unsubscribing.

and yes, i have changed my password, it is very long and secure, i use a password manager - would not not mind using two-factor authentication, though.

re-installing the application does not solve the problem either, neither does flushing the cache. if i had to guess, i would say that the problem seems to be related to the storage backend at spotify itself.

to give you an example, if i add 'arctic monkeys' to my followed artists, the band stays in the library for a while, but the latest the next day, they were somehow unfollowed automagically.

this phenomenon only seems to happen with relatively popular artists, but that is a heavily subjective observation and may bear no significance.

the questions remains: how do i solve this? it is starting to really bug me!

6 Replies

Hey @mikewege,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Would you mind sharing the Spotify links to some of the artists you experience this with? We'll test it on our end and will let you know if there are any issues with these profiles or if we should keep looking into the situation.

Looking out for your reply!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

thank you for prompt and friendly reply, i  hope we can sort this out swiftly.

let's start with the band i mentioned in the original posting. just now it was gone again, though i had followed the artist for the umpteenth time only yesterday. i simply followed them again, though i am certain i will no longer be by tomorrow.

https://open.spotify.com/artist/7Ln80lUS6He07XvHI8qqHH?si=X23jfnMxTtOhtv_Vh7Vgfw

Having the same problem over here. It’s happening to quite a lot of artists, most recently with Iron Maiden and Rainbow. Very annoying. Is there a solution to this?

my original post has been months ago by now and there seems to be zero interest to fix this. it is a major usability problem, why is spotify support not addressing this?

the orginally described issue is continuously happening with many artists, another one would be brian eno. i am strongly considering giving up my subscription.

Same. Since I replied to this post, I started paying more attention to which artists were presenting this problem and there are more than 20. AC/DC, Aerosmith, D.R.I., The Cure, +44 among others. I have to follow them back almost every day.

Hey there folks!

Thanks for reporting this to us. 

We can confirm that our teams are aware of this behavior and they're working on it.

We'd recommend keeping an eye on this thread for more info and updates.

Hopefully we'll have this sorted out soon.

Take care!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts