getting spotify music onto my ipod

getting spotify music onto my ipod

cathlomas
Casual Listener

Hi there

I have spotify premium and have registered my ipod with spotify. I followed the instructions where i wiped all my itunes music and re synced with spotify so that i can upload my music from my spotify list to my ipod but it wont work! I just keep getting either a blank ipod or it uploads my 'local files only' which means i just get everything from my itunes library, Is there anything you can do to help please? Im loosing the will with it!

Thank you

catherine

3 Replies

Re: getting spotify music onto my ipod

Adam
Roadie

Hey Catherine,

With most iPods, because there's no way of connecting to the Internet with them there's no way of getting tracks from our (online) catalogue synced to them. That's not us being mean, it's a limitation of the device. If you have an iPod Touch (3rd gen or later), though, that'll work with syncing anything from our catalogue as it has access to the App Store/WiFi settings.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

cathlomas
Casual Listener

Ahah that explains my struggles then. Right so i need to have a 3rd generation or later then.....ok off to ebay i go to see if i can get a cheapie.

Thanks so much

catherine

Highlighted

Adam
Roadie

iPod Touches are awesome. It's what I use and I've never had a single problem with Spotify on it. Works great!

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.
SUGGESTED POSTS