premium

Country

usa

Device

iphone 11

Operating System

(ios 13)

My Question or Issue

i recently switched from a samsung to the iphone 11. my issue is that i can’t seem to download my songs properly on my new phone. it will do about 30 out of around 500, then stop out of nowhere and the sign for downloads disappears. i have had this problem for a few days and every time i stop the downloads and try it again, it goes 1 or 2 songs further then it quits again. i cant seem to find any other people having this issue. the issue is definitely not my phone, since it’s only about a week old. my storage is fine (about 45 gigs left), i’ve reinstalled, restarted, logged out and logged back in, the whole nine yards. i know about the song cap but again, it’s only 500 songs and i know for a fact i haven’t reached 9999 songs yet. please help asap.

1D8CE3AA-DF71-406B-B2C7-171771B3A366.png
3 Replies

I’ve seen this issue for a long time now. I’m currently on an iPhone X.  In my case, it’s usually that one song doesn’t download so it sits in a “Downloading” state indefinitely. Close app. Re-open. Still the problem. This is indeed a glitch, caused by God knows what. But simple toggling download off and back on and redownloading the entire thing has always worked for me. 

incidentally, for me at least, this happens more frequently if I’m downloading a ton of albums and playlists all at once. One will inevitably get hosed. 

Hey @mayb 

Try logging out of your account and relog back in. It could be a simple resynching issue with the cloud service. 

Happy Holidays!

Keanu_C

Hey there all,

Thanks for reaching out! 

If you're still experiencing an issue while downloading songs, we'd advise you to:

1. Try a clean reinstall. It helps fix a number of issues with the app.
  2. Go to Mobile Settings> Apps> Spotify> Permissions. Allow everything you see there.

3. Go to Mobile settings> Apps> Spotify> Battery> Optimize battery usage> select top All (not optimized for apps)> Spotify> disable.

Let us know how it goes and if it doesn't fix it for you, give us:

• your device
  • OS
  • Spotify version

Thanks!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts