Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

home and Browse pages KO, search, radio and mylibrary OK

home and Browse pages KO, search, radio and mylibrary OK

Premium

Belgium

iPad 1, iOS 9.3.5 (13G36), yes still in use 🙂

Spotify 8.4.62.490

Hello,

no changes from my part, but since last monday home and browse pages are unavailable (''une erreur s'est produite, réessayer', 'page introuvable, désolé la page que vous essayez d'ouvrir n'existe pas').

Already desinstall/ re-install Spotify, switch off/ on of the iPad.

ANy ideas?

jyves

7 Replies

Hey there @JeanYves

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!

In case reinstalling the app and rebooting the device didn't do the trick for you, we recommend trying a clean reinstall as well. Compared to the regular reinstall, this step is more thorough in terms of removing corrupted data that could be causing the issue. 

If this persists, send us a screenshot displaying the error message you get. Just attach the image to your next response to us by using the Insert Photos option in the post editor. This way we can take a closer look at the issue. 

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this.

I too have this problem

IMG_0073.jpg
IMG_0074.jpg

Hi,

I have the same/similar problem. I am a member of my family Spotify Family account and I have 3 Apple devices that have the Spotify app. I primarily use Spotify on my old iPad mini (model MD528B/A, WiFi only) running on iOS 9.3.5 (showing ‘up to date’ and with 12.6 GB capacity with 7.1 GB available memory) to manage and listen to Spotify. When I updated the Spotify app I also had to update the iPad to “the latest working version” for its iOS so that it would work. This process worked reasonably well until recently as the iPad version now loaded doesn’t work. 

After upgrading to Spotify version 8.5.xx in October 2020, I have had numerous issues with connecting, searching, and playing music as a Premium user. The iPad Spotify version, showing on the  Setting > About path, is currently 8.4.62.490. 

No matter what I do, under the Home and Browse tabs;

i. Home: I only get “An Error Occurred, Try Again”. 

ii.Browse: I only get “Page not  found, Sorry, but the page you tried to open does not exist, Try Again”

However, the Search, Radio and Your Library tabs display some data and I am able to select and play selected music from each of them.

Here are some things I've done to try to fix it:

• Logging out and back in on iPad. While Spotify allows me to log back in, the Home and Browse tabs still show "An error occurred. This does not work.
  • Logging out of Spotify on my other 2 apple devices. The iPad is then my only Spotify connected device and this makes no difference.
  • Deleting the Spotify app on the iPad and reinstalling it. Does not work
  • Deleting and Clean re-installing the Spotify app on the iPad (as recommended in suggested solution). This did not work
  • Reseting my network settings from iPad settings menu. This does not work.
  • Restarting the iPad fully. This does not work

My Specifications: 

• Model: iPad model MD528B/A, WiFi only
  • iOS Version: 8.4.62.490
  • Spotify Version: 9.3.5
  • Spotify Status: Premium (Family)

If you need any more information, please let me know.

Thanks.

"An Error Occurred: Try Again" Message on Home and Browse tabs on iPad.

Hi,

I am a member of my family Spotify Family account and I have 3 Apple devices that have the Spotify app. I primarily use Spotify on my old iPad mini (model MD528B/A, WiFi only) running on iOS 9.3.5 (showing ‘up to date’ and with 12.6 GB capacity with 7.1 GB available memory) to manage and listen to Spotify. When I updated the Spotify app I also had to update the iPad to “the latest working version” for its iOS so that it would work. This process worked reasonably well until recently as the iPad version now loaded doesn’t work. 

After upgrading to Spotify version 8.5.xx in October 2020, I have had numerous issues with connecting, searching, and playing music as a Premium user. The iPad Spotify version, showing on the  Setting > About path, is currently 8.4.62.490. 

No matter what I do, under the Home and Browse tabs;

1. Home: I only get “An Error Occurred, Try Again”.
  2. Browse: I only get “Page not found, Sorry, but the page you tried to open does not exist, Try Again”

However, the Search, Radio and Your Library tabs display some data and I am able to select and play selected music from each of them.

Here are some things I've done to try to fix it:

• Logging out and back in on iPad. While Spotify allows me to log back in, the Home and Browse tabs still show "An error occurred. This does not work.
  • Logging out of Spotify on my other 2 apple devices. The iPad is then my only Spotify connected device and this makes no difference.
  • Deleting the Spotify app on the iPad and reinstalling it. Does not work
  • Deleting and Clean reinstalling the Spotify app on the iPad (as recommended in this thread). This does not work
  • Reseting my network settings from iPad settings menu. This does not work.
  • Restarting the iPad fully. This does not work

My Specifications: 

• Model: iPad model MD528B/A, WiFi only
  • iOS Version: 8.4.62.490
  • Spotify Version: 9.3.5
  • Spotify Status: Premium (Family)

If you need any more information, please let me know.

Thanks.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

It seems that everyone experiencing this issue is running on a devices running an older version of iOS. Please note that Spotify requires iOS 12 or above in order for function properly. This support page lists the system requirements of the app. Any malfunctions on older versions are expected behavior. We recommend that you update the system to a more recent version and afterwards perform a clean reinstall as @Ivan suggested.

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Mihail,

Thank you for your reply. The iPad I have has the latest version of iOS that will run on it so I cannot upgrade it to iOS 12 or above.
As mentioned previously (until October) I was able update the iPad to Spotify's “the latest working version” of Spotify and this worked fine. This latest working version functionality may not now be working for other iOS versions?
Is it possible to get a access and download previous Spotify versions (e.g. the last version working on my iPad in Oct 2020) so that older devices iOS devices that cannot be updated can still function with Spotify (and save the planet/cost of having to buy new hardware) as the iPad is still fully functional?

Hey @mark202,

Thanks for the reply.

All official sources that allow you to download Spotify offer only the latest version with the system requirements listed on the support page. We understand how this might be an inconvenience, but the latest version includes all fixes and updates, implemented to provide the best listening experience.

We also try to keep the software and hardware requirements to run the app minimal, so that as many people as possible can enjoy their favorite tunes without having to upgrade. As you mention, this saves them not only costs but is also environmentally friendly.

Hope that answers your question! Let us know if there's anything else we can help out with.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts