Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

how to shuffle on ipad?

Solved!

how to shuffle on ipad?

Where did the shuffle button go in the iPad app? There's no "i" button on "now playing" as it was on the iphone app... 

34 Replies

No answers to this?  I need to know too.  I want to put a playlist in random, not a specific album.

Hey
I know this thread's old, but there still seems to be some people confused about how to shuffle songs in a playlist on the iPad. You have to maximise the album artworrk and then select the shuffle button (2 arrows) from below the play time. It's probably in the least logicalplace possible, and I don't see why it isn't on the main play screen tbh. Anyways, I've attached a screen shot of the icon to this post from my own iPad for extra clarity. Hope this helps 🙂
image.jpg

I had completely given up on this after opening the album artwork and seeing no shuffle button. If anyone else thinks the advice here made no sense, what you need to do is to _completely_ maximise the album artwork. Pressing on the album artwork in the lower left isn't enough, you have to press on the two arrows next to the album artwork so that the image fills the whole screen. Only then does the shuffle icon become available. It's the most insane interface decision ever taken, but it really is there. 

Really UI developers, my IQ is above 100 plus I've used iOS for years, but this shuffle button is so well hidden that I had to read is thread TWICE to find and fix the shuffle button. Crikey. Make it more visible please. Black on black? Appallingly tricky to discover, and many taps away from the main play screen. Fix it please. Make it better. Thanks.

I'm sorry about my contribution here. But seriously I laughed now 😄 How to Shuffle on Ipad? question has 19,731 views and more coming... So Spotify, do you think there is no problems in design of your app? Take a look into it and bring Shuffle button to better place...

hello

can anyone tell me how to shuffle tracks on my ipad playlist please?

thanks

lance

@lancegardner The shuffle button is cunningly concealed on the ipad. Select the track you'd like to hear first. From there click on the artwork or outward arrows and select the shuffle sign.

I'm moving your post to the relevant thread. Enjoy your music 🙂

Spotify is an amazing service (I'm a premium member) but come on.  How breathtakingly incompetant do your developers have to be for this to be an issue?

On my iPhone there's a "Shuffly Play" button for playlists, positioned prominently.  Is there any good reason in the world why that doesn't exist in the iPad version?  

JUST FIX THIS.  NOW. 

Even after reading the answers on how to shuffle on Ipad, I could not find it until a screensaver was shown... Above the normal buttons, there are hidden icons that is almst invisible when using it outdoors, and among them the shuffle button... Geee spotify people, not OK.. On the labtop and Phone it works just fine..

Agree, it's like if a chimpanzee made the gui-design decisions in this case ..sush a basic setting should be as visible as the f****** play-button -*mad*

Agree, it's like if a chimpanzee made the gui-design decisions in this case ..sush a basic setting should be as visible as the f****** play-button -*mad*

"...two arrows pointing away from each other." That's the magic phrase that led me to the shuffle option! Thanks so much!

I agree. It would also make sense if you kept the interface consistent with what we see on the iPhone. The shuffle placement is easy to find on the iPhone. Why make it so difficult on the iPad?

Totally agree. But did you notice that when using Spotify on an iPad in split view it gives the iPhone experience… and … with the shuffle and repeat button right on the main screen. So much for a consistent user experience.

Suggested posts