Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS 10 crashes after several songs on iPhone 6 plus

iOS 10 crashes after several songs on iPhone 6 plus

My iPhone 6 plus crashes and reboots after listening to Spotify premium for about 15-20 minutes. Very repeatable. I have deleted and reinstalled Spotify. Same problem. Different networks and also on LTE. Always reboots the phone.
6 Replies

This is likely to be iOS fault, wait for a fix from Apple updates or a workaround from spotify. In the future I suggest that you turn off Autoupdates on iOS as I have. If people don't complain any issues with new apple updates, then go ahead and update the phone. Otherwise don't update. Give it some time.

I have been having this issue as well.. 

Waiting for this issue to be resolved by Apple or Spotify

Not Apple's fault -- Spotify's last iOS app update was back in May and doesn't include any compatibility fixes for iOS 10. Developers have had all summer to ready their apps. I'm hoping that they have an update coming out soon cuz the current version sucks on iOS 10!

Yeah, I had cancelled Spotify in the past because the app kept insisting I
had no network connection every time I started it - was a nuisance when I
was driving. I really liked the sound quality on Tidal (yeah - I could tell
the difference), but their app sucked even more. Sigh - maybe it's time to
give in and go to Apple Music or get the explosive Samsung Note 7. 🙂

Yeah, I had cancelled Spotify in the past because the app kept insisting I
had no network connection every time I started it - was a nuisance when I
was driving. I really liked the sound quality on Tidal (yeah - I could tell
the difference), but their app sucked even more. Sigh - maybe it's time to
give in and go to Apple Music or get the explosive Samsung Note 7. 🙂

I'm a huge advocate for Spotify! 

Though I use iPhone, MacBook, iPad, etc., I'm very opposed to trying Apple Music. I'm sure it's great but Spotify paved the way of the streaming industry (in my opinion) and I hate to see Apple moving in on their territory. 

I also have a conspiracy theory that ios10 was made to be incompatible with Spotify to cause users to be frustrated and switch to Apple Music but that's just in my mind- no proof of that.

Hope this issue gets fixed soon becuase it's surely testing my patience 

Suggested posts