Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS 10

iOS 10

So I recently downloaded the iOS 10 update on my iPad and now Spotify won't connect to the internet. I will go to search a song and it has that "spotify is offline" thing pop up but I'm connected to the internet. I have had Spotify for a whole year and this only happened when I got iOS 10 this morning 

IMG_0190.PNG
10 Replies

I have the same problem with the IOS version 9.3.5. The problem is only in IOS, Android and Windows PC is OK

Hi,

Spotify isn't doing this on my phone but you can try the following options:

Option 1:

Close the app and reopen it

Option 2:

Turn off wifi/data by putting the iPad in airplane mode then close the app, turn off airplane mode and open it again

Option 3: 

Restart your iPad by either turning it off and on or holding the power button and home button together till your screen goes blank then let go of the power button and the home button. Open the app again.

Option 5:

You can clear the cache by opening the app, pressing the power button till the 'turn off' slider appears and then holding the home button down. The app should suddenly quit and then you can reopen it.

Option 6:

Uninstall Spotify and reinstall it

If those options don't work wait till Spotify patches it via a update

I hope this works for you,

Jason

None of those worked for me, it is still popping up and saying I'm offline when I'm not. I'll just have to wait for an update. But thank you!😁

Hi,

Sorry to hear that may I ask did you update to iOS 10 over the air (going to settings and updating) or via iTunes?

Jason

Maybe also your (router) firewall is blocking connetions to Spotify's server...

Same problem - Spotify "thinks" I am "offline"

Dear Jason, as far as i know.... there wouldn't come a update on Apple for Spotify because Apple is denying

Best Regards,

Lennart Peters

Hi Peter,

The reason why I am asking the OP if she did an 'over the air' (OTA) update is because lots of problems occur when people update over the air on their idevice, so therefore it could be caused by this.

Dear OP,

I know this process is long but why don't you you back up your device and do a clean install of iOS 10 (restore your device), this may fix the problem your facing.

Katherine,

I have iOS 10 and do not have this problem.  I would suggest that it may be an internet issue.  Try resseting your wireless router. Also, make sure you are up to date with the latest release of Spotify.

Cheers,

Tristan

I think it is a 10/Spotify issue. Since updating the app denies I have an account. Ok on computer and iPad iOS 9.

Suggested posts