Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS 11.3 no rewind button in lock screen or control centre

iOS 11.3 no rewind button in lock screen or control centre

Since updating to iOS 11.3, the Spotify controls in the lock screen have changed preventing you from replaying the current song from the start or going backwards through previous songs. The rewind icon has been replaced by three bars and when clicked, it just gives you the option to add to playlist or don’t play song again!

Any ideas??

E028D792-912C-45DC-B033-A0C7EDEC53D1.png
5 Replies

Welcome to Spotify Community!

You could try reinstalling the Spotify App to see if the rewind will come back. If not another way to rewind your song is by holding down the dot on the track time and drag it to whatever part of the song you want to be replayed. 

I hope this helps you

Keanu_C

If this is a good answer please give it a Like.

If this solves your problem please mark it as Solved.

Keanu_CSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi, thanks for your suggestion but it has made no difference. I’ve checked my iPad linked to the same account and that is the same. I’m well aware of the slider to rewind but this does not allow you to skip back through a playlist. 

It works fine in the Spotify app but just not in control centre so you have to unlock, open the app to go backwards.

I’m not sure if it’s an iOS issue or the Spotify app interaction with the control centre. 

Hey @davezharding Sorry that option didnt help solve your issue. I read up on other threads that had similar problems that you are currently experiencing and some have suggested that a simple update to the Spotify App solved their problem. Ill keep digging and looking around to see if there is any other solutions. If i find anything ill let you know!

Have a good day

Happy Listening

Keanu_C

If this is a good answer please give it a Like.

If this solves your problem or answers your question, please click Accept as Solution

Keanu_CSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This is the same on the Apple Watch controller. Very annoying when you have your phone in your rucksack. 

image.jpg

Yes, it’s really annoying as it affects the iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch.

However, and miraculously, my phone has stopped doing it but my iPad still has the problem even though they are both at Spotify 8.4.49.  

I’m still not sure if it is an IOS issue or an App problem.

Suggested posts