Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS 11 upgrade and twitter share

iOS 11 upgrade and twitter share

Hi, After iOS11 upgrade twitter sharing popup has no button to share. 

Any information about that?

DD17DCBD-4CDE-4DB5-A4D2-EEE638A1A59E.png
DD17DCBD-4CDE-4DB5-A4D2-EEE638A1A59E.png
3 Replies

They still have not figured this out. I have sent them screen recording, directed me to delete and reinstall etc but none worked. Now all my local files won't sync after I deleted my app.

Hey @tceydeliler @raimworkx

Sorry for the trouble.

iOS 11 was just released and Spotify has not updated yet to be fully compatible. 

In iOS, Apple has removed the built in Twitter and Facebook support. You used to be able to sign in to both of those accounts in the phone settings, and any app could tap into that native integration and share directly to Twitter from within apps. Apple removed the integrated social apps because other apps wanted to be integrated too, and it looked like Apple favored certain apps over others. Integrating every social app would be too complex. This makes it fair game for all apps to have their own apps with no tie in to the operating system.

Spotify will be compatible with iOS 11 in a future update so that when you tap on Twitter from the share menu, it will bring you over to the Twitter app to tweet the link.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi so does this mean that when we post to twitter the link will be shown in the text above the embedded song on Twitter's timeline? Is there a way to make the link be hidden?

Suggested posts