iOS 12 seems to have bugged out Spotify in Apple CarPlay

1 person liked this

Re: iOS 12 seems to have bugged out Spotify in Apple CarPlay

Baldynapper75
Casual Listener
Spotify has received an update as has IOS and that seems to have fixed it.

nesguep
Casual Listener

Not to me, and I’m running fully updated. I don’t think the problem is my car, but could it?

Locomoco10
Casual Listener

sometimes when i disconnect iphone and then reboot the iphone (turn off/on) then reconnect it to the carplay it fixes things.  i think it kind of resets everything.

nesguep
Casual Listener

Gonna try that, thing is that maybe you are already driving when this happens what can cause an accident if you start rebooting your phone while driving.

weird thing is that Tidal is giving me the same problem, hence maybe the problem is Apple

Baldynapper75
Casual Listener
I think it’s all down to Apples IOS updates

Jgrahamiii
Regular

My problem is that about 1/2 the time (at least) that I get in the car and plug in USB the screen (Acura TLX) says “The music has ended) rather than starting where I left off. The Now Playing link is not available on the car’s screen, and I’ve had to select Recent to restart my Playlist, Station or Album.   And then it starts at song 1 no matter how long the playlist. 

Fortunately I have just discovered that if I look at the phone screen and not car screen, the last song (and position in that song is in the lower part of the screen and I can hit Play there to start it up. Then CarPlay has all the correct info and playlist loaded. A bit of a pain, but usually done before I drive away from curb. 

What we really need in carplay is ability to easily create Starions when we hear something we like (Pandora-style) and to directly select created stations (missing from CarPlay Your Library interface for some reason). 

2 people liked this

lreeve95

I have a similar issue but get a “null” error. I’ve attached a screenshot. Can not pinpoint exactly what causes this to happen but it has happened more frequently after iOS 12 upgrade. 

9EBABDCB-CA49-4E44-8CB1-A2CA44422608.png
SUGGESTED POSTS