Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS 6 Support Announcement

Solved!

iOS 6 Support Announcement

Hey everyone, the Spotify Community team here.Today we’re announcing that we will no longer support iOS 6 as a platform.

We obviously take retiring platform versions very seriously, and this decision was made with the goal of creating the best experience for our users.

We understand you might have some questions about this change, so we’ve outlined the top questions here. And please feel free to post below if you have any other concerns!

What will happen if I use iOS 6 on my device?

If you already have Spotify version 1.8.5 for iOS 6 installed on your device you can continue to listen to your tunes. Please note there will not be any further updates or fixes for this app as iOS 6 will no longer be a supported platform.

In order to receive support and the latest Spotify features on iOS devices you’ll need to upgrade to iOS 7 or higher. For more information about Spotify’s System Requirements just click here.

How do I update the iOS software on my iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch?

We recommend checking this article on the Apple Support site.

I have some more questions about this...

No problem, please post them here. Thanks everyone!

112 Replies

Are you sure you're using the same logon on both? Apart from that I don't know why it's not working, it should.

Reinstalling or a Logout/Login in Spotify may help.
However, for further help I would suggest to open an other thread, since this one is about iOS 6, which you hopefully don't run on your iPhone 😉

@silkeman solution has just worked for me. Ipod Touch 4 with IOS 6.1.4. Spotify up and running

I'm using Mac 10.8.6 on meu note. It's a very old note and I wont buy a new one for now.

My iPhone is  plus, and I have the latest iOS, and the latest spotify version on it.

My problem now is that I can't syncronize local music from my note to my mobile anymore. I can find the device, but I can't access it.

What can I do?

Screen shot 2017-02-21 at 11.44.43.png

looks as if you are running a very old version of Spotify on your Mac. If it is possible, I think installing the latest Spotify version on your Mac will help: https://www.spotify.com/us/download/mac/

I tried, but my mac doesn't accept the latest version =\

Oh, I'm sorry.

Just checked the requirements for Spotify on Mac and found that your software seems to be too old: Mac computer: OS X 10.9 or above and the Spotify app.

https://support.spotify.com/us/article/spotify-system-requirements/

Is your Mac to old for an update to at least OSX 10.9? https://support.apple.com/HT201364

Is it normal that i can't remove songs from a playlist on my iPhone 6? Nor can i rearrange songs in any way. I have the option of adding and removing songs in a playlist but i can't actually remove songs....

thank you so much bro, saved my life ❤️

Ok so the way to get the older version is go to iTunes on your computer first with ipod attached.  Download spotify and try to do a sync. it will tell you the app is not compatible. Now go back to your iPod and go into the app store.  Now there is a cloud icon next to the spotify app.  Choose that and it will offer you the older version!  Just worked for me today 8/8/2017

Thanks to everyone who replied with tips. A few months ago, I decided to just purchase a new ipod which is compatible with Spotify. 

Thanks again for the tips!

Hola, como estas? Va en castellano. Estoy teniendo este problema para bajar spotify en mi  ipod viejo. Lei tu post  y fue la solucion para muchos pero no se como bajar spotify en el iTunes para luego pasarlo al ipod. Entiendo lo que decis pero no como ejecutarlo. Podes ayudarme? Gracias Mercedes

Marked as solution

Hola, 

Logre descargar Spotify ver. 1.8.1.8 del iTunes, las instrucciones estan en YouTube con el siguiente tag: Spotify IOS 6

Regards, 

Menandro

Suggested posts