Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS 7 update! (Things users want)

iOS 7 update! (Things users want)

So iOS 7 has been rolled out world wide for a few weeks now and we're yet to see a Spotify update for the products running this latest update, which is unfortunate. Spotify is active at least 2 hours everyday on my iPhone 5 either for listening, browsing or backing my guitar, so the old interface amongst my shiny new iOS 7 apps is kind of depressing and I always find myself looking to see if Spotify have posted their update but it's taking it's time! It's a let down considering how brilliant the app is and this facelift would make it the perfect music player! ANOTHER SUGGESTION: Having spoken to everyone I know with Spotify Premium I can safely say that alphabetical playlist organisation (like Apple) instead of the current chronological playlist organisation would be a lot more effective and easy to use! Consider in the next update at least giving the option for alphabetical playlist and I would actually label this app perfect! Thank you, brilliant app that just needs a facelift to make it both effective and beautiful!
8 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

I agree with the iOS 7 one, and have done for some time, but haven't seen an idea for it. I just sibmitted an idea for an iOS 7 design over here. Feel free to add Kudos and comment on it to whow your support!

As for alphabetical playlist sorting, there is also an idea for this here.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Tops on my list of what I want in Spotify's update for IOS 7 is something more technical than aesthetic --- before I upgraded to IOS 7, I could plug my iPhone into my Kenwood car stereo, and the song title and artist would appear on the stereo's display (just as if I were using iTunes).  Now no such information is displayed (although song titles, etc. still appear when using iTunes, of course).  This loss makes Spotify Premium a much less attractive music source.

@MississippBlues wrote:

Tops on my list of what I want in Spotify's update for IOS 7 is something more technical than aesthetic --- before I upgraded to IOS 7, I could plug my iPhone into my Kenwood car stereo, and the song title and artist would appear on the stereo's display (just as if I were using iTunes).  Now no such information is displayed (although song titles, etc. still appear when using iTunes, of course).  This loss makes Spotify Premium a much less attractive music source.

That appears to be a known bug - main topic is here

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I think everyone on iOS 7 is in agreement for a new facelift! Especially since I use Spotify in the foreground and don't hide it in folders, it kind of ruins the entire aesthetics of the home screen for me! Thanks

I don't use it aligned with a card audio, however I would like to see it more integrated with my docking station and the phone it's self if that makes any sense! I want it to run as smoothly as the built in Apple iPod app! If they can add a new way of changing volume they CAN change the interface and reliability for users

"Especially since I use Spotify in the foreground and don't hide it in folders, it kind of ruins the entire aesthetics of the home screen for me!"

The old icon (a square version of the normal logo) looked great! This new one with the black outline looks horrible.

Hello! I keep a lot of playlists synced on my iphone and I don't like the fact that we can't sort our tracks in the playlists according to artists, recently added, track name or whatever... When you're browsing through 450 songs looking for that track it's quite tedious when you can't sort anything.

Thanks 🙂

Suggested posts