Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS 8 Support Announcement

iOS 8 Support Announcement

Hey everyone, the Spotify Community team here.

This week we're announcing that we will no longer support iOS 8 as a platform. 

The new version of Spotify on iOS (8.4.27) is the first iOS9+ release for Spotify.

We always take deprecating platform versions very seriously. This decision was made with the goal of creating the best experience for our users.

We understand you might have some questions about this change, so we’ve outlined the top questions here. And please feel free to post below if you have any other concerns.

What will happen if I use iOS 8 on my device?

If you already have Spotify installed on your device you can continue to listen to your tunes. Please note there will not be any further updates or fixes for this app as iOS 8 will no longer be a supported platform.

Please know the vast majority of iOS8 iPhones can technically upgrade to iOS9. iOS8 users who previously downloaded Spotify will be able to download the last iOS8 version from the App Store. iOS8 users who haven't previously downloaded Spotify in the past will not be able to download Spotify.

In order to receive support and the latest Spotify features on iOS devices you’ll need to upgrade to iOS 9 or higher. For more information about Spotify’s System Requirements just click here.

How do I update the iOS software on my iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch?

We recommend checking this article on the Apple Support site.

I have some more questions about this...

No problem, please post them here. Thanks everyone!

0 Replies

Suggested posts