Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS 8 crashes when share

iOS 8 crashes when share

Every time I try to share a song to a spotify user the app crashes. Any solution? It really sucks because the social aspect of the app is its greatest quality and it is useless.
11 Replies

Hey there @sarmbrecht

Do you have the latest version of Spotify? An update rolled out that should have fixed the issue.

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

I do.  I have a little more information.  The share works if I scroll down and tap the user in the list.  If I tap within the search field it crashes.  So, it's not totally useless.  It's just a little inconvenient.  Any idea why the search field causes it to crash?  It looks like launching the key board (I have an iphone 6 plus) is a problem.  It doesn't display before the application crashes.

Hi there welcome to the community,

Just tested it on my iPhone 6 and it seems to work fine on my side. Maybe this is an issue with the iPhone6 plus.

Could you try doing a full reinstallation of the app?

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

I can confirm the same issue. Latest IOS version of spotify: clicking on the search bar while sharing also causes the app to crash on my iPhone 6 Plus.

I can confirm the same issue on iphone 6 plus

Same here on iPhone 6 Plus. Please fix soon!

Hi guys thanks for your reports! I will report this and get back to you all as soon as I have more information.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

I just uninstalled the app and reinstalled. Seemed to work. I managed to share once at least.

I can confirm the same issue on iPhone 5S and 6 on iOS8.1. App crashes when trying to share a song with someone else on Spotify.

I can confirm the same issue on iPhone 5 on iOS 8.1 using Spotify 1.9.0.2744 (latest build).  However, it only crashes when I try to share specific songs using the search function.  It attempts to open up the keyboard, the keyboard doesn't show or is invisible, and the application crashes shortly after.  Some songs are fine, some crash the application.  

Thanks for the reports on this one guys! I have created/opened this as a bug here on the community to pass over to the Spotify team.

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Bugs/iOS-Searching-on-quot-Send-To-quot-causes-app-crash/idi...

If anyone else is having this issue, if you could post over on the bugs topic that would be great. For now, I'm going to lock this topic.

Thanks once again for the reports guys, you are all awesome! 🙂

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts