Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS 9.2.1 iphone 4 spotify wont re-install from app store

iOS 9.2.1 iphone 4 spotify wont re-install from app store

I recently upgraded my iphone 4 to iOS 9.2.1, immediately after an earlier upgrade. As I didn't have enough storage on my phone I had to uninstall spotify (and various other apps) beforehand.

Since the upgrade there is a cloud-like symbol in the app store next to spotify. When I touch this it either very briefly goes to a square in a circle icon or does nothing at all.

So basically it seems like I can't reinstall spotify at all. I'm still paying for premium so it's really quite frustrating. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks.

6 Replies

Hi,

I suggest you force reset:

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears.
Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.
After the device turns off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until you see the Apple logo.

Hope it works!
BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Sorry I forgot to mention I have already tried that. This happened a few weeks ago so I've tried resetting the phone, checking I have enough storage etc but can't think of anything else to do.

Thanks

Hm. What about signing out/in again from Apple Store?
BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I've tried that too. Also I read somewhere that someone managed to get it to work after changing the language of the phone too but it didn't work for me.

I am having the exact same problem. Tried all the same things still not working

What's especially odd is that I can download other apps but Spotify and Facebook won't download. Have checked restrictions

Suggested posts