Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS][Developer] Will Spotify Be Making Their Own DJ App?

Solved!

[iOS][Developer] Will Spotify Be Making Their Own DJ App?

Since Spotify is shutting down its integration with third party DJ apps, will it be making its own DJ app similar to apps like DJay? I think that if they shut down third party app support, then they should make their own similar app, that way they don’t lose functionality.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @Spo7ify

thanks for reaching out about this !

Unfortunately, there are no official or immediate plan on creating such app.

Feel free to raise the idea in the "Ideas" section of the community following the steps provided here.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @Spo7ify

thanks for reaching out about this !

Unfortunately, there are no official or immediate plan on creating such app.

Feel free to raise the idea in the "Ideas" section of the community following the steps provided here.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

Dear Spotify,

It’s an absolute time consuming and creative disaster that you stop supporting 3rd party dj apps on the 1st of July!!!! You can’t leave your loyal customers in the cold like this!!!! You could buy the Djay app and keep it open to other music providers or you can charge your customers more to keep using 3rd party DJ apps after the 1st of July. I’ll gladly pay €10,-/month extra!! It is a very unfriendly

move to leave us without a solution!! I’ve already bought subscriptions to Beatport and Tidal. I’ll keep spending lots of (wasted) time (my most valued asset) to create new playlists on Beatport and Tidal and make the switch to music providers that DO support DJ’s as long as you don’t provide me with an alternative solution soon. It starts making me angrier each day that you leave your customers in the cold and abuse your locked-in position at our expense. And an angry customer is about to become a lost customer! I hope you’ll provide you music loving dj customers with a solution before the 1st of July and make us long lasting happy customers who will keep supporting the growth of Spotify!!

Suggested posts