Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Listen Offline On watchOS Not Working

[iOS] Listen Offline On watchOS Not Working

We have been paying for a "Premium Family" account for well over a year now and as per the 5/24 post, "Listen offline" is now generally available.

We are using the newest Apple Series 6 watch running the latest watchOS 7.5 paired with the latest Apple iPhone 12 Pro also running the latest iOS 14.6.

However, we do not see the option to Download a playlist to Apple Watch on any of our playlists.

Will you please provide updated instructions on getting this to work?

Thank you!

6 Replies

It could be very hard to make this possible, because the applewatch only has 32 GB without system and other apps

Hey,

They didn't make this to work for everyone, it is just a rolling update, meaning it's random when you will be able to listen your music offline. It can take days, weeks or even months.

But their Post seems to indicate that is now available to all - do they need to update it and let people know or is there a bug and they are trying to fix it?

https://support.spotify.com/us/article/spotify-on-apple-watch/

Listen offline

For: Premium

Download music and podcasts to Apple Watch so you can listen without the internet. This means you can leave your phone at home and take Spotify with you. 

You can store around 10 hours worth of downloads on the Watch, or more if you have more storage on your Watch model.

Note: There’s a download limit of 50 tracks per playlist.

1. On your phone, go to a playlist or podcast you want to download.
    Note: You can’t download individual songs, but you can put them in a playlist and download the playlist.
  2. Tap.
  3. Tap Download to Apple Watch.

Last updated: 24 May, 2021

Same here. One would think that once announced to the world, this feature (which we waited for a long time) shall be available to everybody.

I've asked Spotify via Twitter about that. Their reply:

Hey there! It looks like this feature isn't available to 100% of our users, but we're rolling out the release to everyone. We'll be sure to let the right team know it's something you'd like to see soon. For anything else, let us know /JX

Exactly the same issue here. Have spent 90 minutes with an online agent who directed me to delete apps and resync my Apple Watch, only to tell me at the end of the process that the new feature is not available for the majority of premium members. Very strange roll out and incredibly frustrating process with customer support. 

Suggested posts