Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS Only Issue - Duplicate Tracks Play Wrong Order

iOS Only Issue - Duplicate Tracks Play Wrong Order

Hi, I have this issue only with my iPad version of Spotify.  My Desktop and Android phone do not display this issue.

I have playlists with duplicate tracks.  I want to play a specific track based on my playist order.  If I play a track on a playlist and a duplicate track exist on that same playlist, the program plays the first instance of that track regardless of the track I selected.

For example: If I had a playlist with two copies of Song A, one at the top and one at the bottom, Song A at the top would play regardless of the copy I selected.

PL.png

6 Replies

Hey there!

Help has arrived 🙂

Try restarting your device by holding Home + Lock for 10 seconds. Does that help? 

If not, reinstalling the app's worth a shot as well.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you, but it didn't work. I have iOS 9.2.1 installed, and I uninstalled Spotify as well. Restarting the device didn't help.

Hmm.

Are these tracks from our catalog or your local files?

We'll see what we can suggest.

Hi,  the tracks are from your catalog.   But the issue appears to occur whether or not the songs are local, hosted,  or a combination of both

Thanks for the follow up.

If you delete one of the two tracks from the playlist, and then add it again, does the same happen?

Yes the same still happens.   I also created a new playlist and clicking on any of the songs only pays the first instance. 

Suggested posts