Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS][Other] Spotify volume stays at 0 after a call through Carplay

[iOS][Other] Spotify volume stays at 0 after a call through Carplay

So, I'm in the car and using Spotify through Carplay. A call comes in and I answer it. After I hangup that call, Spotify will continue playing (I see the time counting on) but I don't hear anything anymore. It seems like the volume has remained at 0%. Pausing and playing does not fix the problem. The only fix I currently have is going to the Music app, play something there, then return to spotify and resume playing.

Please fix this problem, it's really dangerous to have to take these actions while driving...

3 Replies

Hey @hill1107, thanks for writing.

Could you please give a clean reinstall of Spotify a try and let us know if this improved things? 

If not, please let me know what's your device (does it also happen if you try using another device?) and your Spotify version.

Keep me posted!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi there, sorry that it took a while. But I did not use the car for a while. I have tested your suggestion yesterday and it does not help. Restarted the device, deleted the entire app and then reinstalled. Still the exact same issue.

This problem together with the other problem I'm having (reverse playlist playing order) are making it really hard for me to use spotify through Carplay. Can someone at spotify please simply try to test these things and at least note that it is indeed broken?

I am having almost same issue. This poses danger while driving so this bug should be fixed. I am using latest iOS iphone 7. I solve this issue by clicking spotify icon on my phone. Annoying bug.

Suggested posts