Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS][Other] Wrong/unsynced lyrics feedback

[iOS][Other] Wrong/unsynced lyrics feedback

I have trouble with lyrics out of sync everyday. There should be a way for me to report lyrics with wrog/missing parts or simply out of sync.

5 Replies

I can relate, most lyrics are out of sync what is rather annoying.

Also, some lyrics have plainly wrong or misheard parts.

Why is there no way to correct these issues?

Hi folks,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Lyrics are handled by Musixmatch, so you can report mistakes directly to them by following these steps:

1. Go to Musixmatch's website, find and open the song whose lyrics you'd like to correct.
  2. Below the last line of the lyrics you should see a button Report a problem. Click on it > Wrong lyrics, then log in to your Musixmatch account and choose Correct Now.
  3. Select the line that you'd like to correct, enter your corrections and when you're done, click Send.

The team at Musixmatch will review your corrections and if found correct, the content will be updated accordingly. More info on how to report a song's lyrics can be found here.

Hope this info was useful. The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, thanks so much for showing the way to report the problem!!

I'd like to add that this is too much trouble, though -- it even involves creating a new account in another product. Especially for something that's going to help the product. Wrong and missing lyrics are very frustrating for people like me who do not have English as their first language, and Spotify currently lacks a lot of quality in this aspect.

Apple Music, for example, has an excellent lyrics feature, from overall availability and quality to syncing and interaction.

If the problem is with the lyrics provider, Spotify should enforce a higher standard of quality or look for another supplier, since Musicxmatch currently does not deliver a good service.

Thanks again for the reply! Have a great day 🙂

Well in my case, it seems that its spotify's fault.

When you play a song, the lyrics are sync at first, but then after a few songs they go out of sync.

This bug has been there since the begging and it still happens now. The only solution I found is to pause/play the song and then they're synced again.

Unfortunately 3 min later its out of sync again, so its super annoying having to pause in the middle of the song to sync the lyrics.

Hey there @kanaerosewald,

Thanks for flagging this with us. Sorry to hear that this is happening.

In order to troubleshoot this, can you let us know:

• Your device model + OS version
  • Spotify version

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts