Operating System

(iOS 14.2)

97 Replies

hannahuseby
Regular

Plan: Premium

Device: iPhone 7

Operating System: iOS 13.6.1

The music stops playing randomly every 1-3 minute, mainly when not in the spotify app or the screen is locked. I deleted all data and did a reinstall and the problem stopped for a week. Then it gradually came back again. Do I have to reinstall every 2 weeks for the app to function normally. It takes an hour to download all my music and podcasts back. Problem happens with power save mode on and off in online and offline mode. Deleting cache doesn’t work. Occurs also when spotify is the only app running in the background. Occurs with bluetooth, wired headphones and the iPhone speaker. If I can’t fix this I will have to buy another music streaming service instead. 

Jhmd
Regular

Also experiencing the same issue. This is quite bad and VERY annoying. 

It happens both on my iPhone and on iPad while casting to a Bluetooth device. It’s not the Bluetooth connection, because I can use other music apps just fine...

Was not seeing this issue on Friday. 3 days ago.

[update] This happens when not connected to Bluetooth. Happens if on Wifi or data. It happens EVERY time you press play. Sometimes it takes a 1 min to stop, other times it takes 5 seconds.

Tried removing background refresh, closing other apps and nothing. 

Ver

Hey @Jhmd,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and welcome to the Community 🙂

The troubleshooting steps you've tried so far are very good. In order to look into this further, we'll need more information about the issue. Can you share with us the following?

• Your Spotify version
  • A screenshot of the lock screen 
  • If possible, the time and date it last happened
  • Is the app crashing or just the music is stopping/pausing

Keep us in the loop! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

VerModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations." ―Zig Ziglar

Jhmd
Regular
It’s been fixed for me on 8.5.85. Thanks.

Miiasol
Visitor

I have the same problem, nothing has worked yet, I think it’s very annoying:( 

I’ll try it again, but am not very hopeful!

Alex

Hey there @hannahuseby,

Thanks for reaching out in the Community about this.

Apologies for the delayed reply, we've just come across this thread.

If reinstalling the app fixed this issue briefly, there might be an issue related to your cache. This can happen when you play music from multiple devices.

We'd suggest performing a clean reinstall of the app on all your devices following the steps in this articleLogging out from everywhere is also a good option, as it will force sync your data across devices.

Let us know if this is still happening. We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde

brugesnyc
Visitor
Hi!
it begun happening to me too today on all my devices, iphone 8 plus and macbook. I unisntalled it and cleaned the caché and didn't work, but just realized someone must have hacked me and likes several playlists I don't recognize and are pretty weird, all named by color names fromthe same username @arsenal , who I don't know. I reset my password and is functioning well again but there must be a big security breach for the community.

Jhmd
Regular
It was fine for a day, now this bug it back for me...

hannahuseby
Regular
I had already done a clean reinstall and logged out of all devices before you answered and it didn’t solve anything permanent.

Ver

Hey @hannahuseby,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

If the issue persists, we'd suggest you give the steps @Mihail mentioned a go. Are there any changes? That way we can see if it's a device or an account-related issue.

Keep us in the loop! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

VerModerator

hannahuseby
Regular

@Mihail steps didn’t work. The problem only occurs on the Iphone 7 device. All my other devices don’t experience this problem

Alex

Hi there @hannahuseby,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you tell us the exact iOS version your iPhone 7 is running? Also does playback stop when you're playing music just from the phone itself, without being connected to any other devices via Bluetooth? Also does it happen both on Wi-Fi and mobile data?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde

hannahuseby
Regular

Alex, if you are going to try giving me help, you have to atleast read what information I have already given. I’m not going to repeat what I have already said simply because you don’t take the effort to read what I have already said. This goes for these two questions:
Could you tell us the exact iOS version your iPhone 7 is running?
Also does playback stop when you're playing music just from the phone itself, without being connected to any other devices via Bluetooth?

I am happy to informe you though that it occurs both on Wi-Fi and mobile data.

hannahuseby
Regular
Alex, if you are going to try giving me help, you have to atleast read what information I have already given. I’m not going to repeat what I have already said simply because you don’t take the effort to read what I have already said. This goes for these two questions:
Could you tell us the exact iOS version your iPhone 7 is running?
Also does playback stop when you're playing music just from the phone itself, without being connected to any other devices via Bluetooth?

I am happy to informe you though that it occurs both on Wi-Fi and mobile data.

Ver

Hey @Miiasol,

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community 🙂

It's also a good idea to try the steps @Alex and @Mihail mentioned. If you've tried some additional troubleshooting steps, let us know. That way we'll able to avoid any repeating steps.

Does this happen on another device? If the issue doesn't occur, we'll need the exact version and model of the phone. We'll investigate this further.

Keep us posted! If you have more questions, we are here for you.

VerModerator

abc1206
Casual Listener
Hi,
I found this feed when looking for a solution for the exact same problem.

I tried all the steps you mentioned but the app keeps crashing. I have an iPhone 11 with iOS 14.3.

Did you find a solution in the meantime ?
I love Spotify but if the app keeps crashing, I have to switch to Apple Music...

margretasdis

Hi,

this keeps happening to me, i have an iphone 11. I’ve take all the steps above but it keeps stopping every minute or so, only when i use it on my iphone, it’s fine on the computer... 🥴

phatpiggypete
Casual Listener

Hi there, 

This is happening to me all the time and its really annoying. Its got so bad I'm nearly stopping using it. 

I've done a clean install on all devices and it's still a problem. 

when will this be fixed? 

tessbross
Casual Listener

this is happening to me as well. tried reinstalling the app and it stopped but has gradually gotten worse since then, every 2-3 songs my music stops. i have to re open the app and press play again. very annoying 

Mihail

Hey @phatpiggypete,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

If a clean reinstall using this guide didn't do the trick, there's also a few other things we can try. Can you make sure that Spotify has all necessary permissions enabled:

1. Open your Settings menu.
  2. Scroll to the bottom to find Spotify and open the app setting.
  3. Enable everything you see.

It's also a good idea to exclude the app from any Battery optimization software that might be active on your smartphone. If afterwards the issue persists, it would help us out a lot if you log in to another device and with a friend or family members account and share if you can replicate the issue. This lets us determine if the root cause of the problem is device or account related.

Keep us posted. We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply.

MihailModerator

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards
SUGGESTED POSTS