Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Stop whining to Apple and implement Native HomePod support, Airplay 2, Siri support and Lyrics

[iOS] Stop whining to Apple and implement Native HomePod support, Airplay 2, Siri support and Lyrics

I get really annoyed that you just keep whining towards Apple while your product is just half complete. 

Years ago you were whining that Apple kept Siri to themselves, that apple kept HomePod to themselves etc etc. 

Now everything has opened up and where is Spotify? Nowhere to be found. 

You release this stupid car thing. 

Don't you get the idea that we actually like the Apple ecosystem? 

We also like spotify, but if you keep being so cringy, more and more of us will transition to Apple Music, because they do actually keep updating their app with useful features. 

16 Replies

I like Apple Homepod and I love Spotify. Why is it not possible to enjoy both together?! It would be fantastic to use Spotify natively on my Homepod…!

The AirPlay delay is extremely annoying. Would love to see AirPlay 2 implemented. 

I hope the implementation is going to be here soon. Amazon Music and others delivered a long, long time ago. HomePod mini implementation without lag and disruptions would be a big reason to change to Apple music, although I like Spotify!

Here are some more explanations: https://youtu.be/M2aUDqsc_qo

It is time that Spotify and Apple resolve this childish squabble and enabled HomePod mini

I bought a HomePod Mini and never thought there would be a problem with Spotify. I chose the HomePod because of data protection and privacy and I don't want to switch to Alexa or Google.

please Spotify add the support for HomePod.

Hi folks,

Thanks for your posts and feedback.

We'd recommend leaving your +Vote on this Idea. The more votes an Idea gets, the more likely it is to get implemented 🙂

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

done!!! thanks!!

Update: I do not know about HomePod support, but as far as Airplay 2 support goes, it’s finally working on the Apple TV! Be sure to update to the latest version of Spotify. Note: previously if you tried Airplaying to more than one device from Apple TV, it would stop playing on Apple TV and only play on the other Airplay devices.

I would really love to see support for HomePod Mini, I want to ask Siri to play my Spotify playlists and have it work. 

Hi folks,

Thank you for joining the conversation.

We appreciate your feedback. To show your support, we'd recommend adding your vote by hitting the "Thumbs up" button and subscribing to this idea that is currently set as "Live Idea". Any changes or updates will be posted in that thread.

If anything else comes up, the Community is just a post away.

Cheers.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Spotify does not care about this feature.  If they did, it would be active already. They are actively avoiding it for some stupid corporate reason, and they keep stringing customers along by saying they're passing the idea along, or they don't have information to share right now, but stay tuned for updates. It's nonsense.

Pathetic customer service for a feature that consistently gets more requests and votes than most things on here. Just like with the 64-bit windows client, they just don't care about what people want.

End users are losing to some unknown to us big tech company battles we know nothing about. 

• Airplay never works from Spotify app. Not mobile nor mac. 
  • Yet always works from iOS Control center and Mac control center. 

Spotify lost me to Apple Music. But just for the music. I like to talk to Siri and let the Homepod play the music I like.
I still have Spotify, but just because of some Podcasts.

Please support Airplay 2, native support on Apple speakers, and Siri. Cmon, this can't be such a hard thing to realize.

Spotify, get up. You really failed in this case. Why is it such a big deal to get Airplay2 inplemented? I paused my subscription now. Will reactivate immediatly after you woke up an get your job done. 

I also switched today and canceld the premium subscription.

From: https://newsroom.spotify.com/2023-09-18/dustee-jenkins-holding-apple-accountable-internet-economy-fa...

"We love making improvements and introducing new features to Spotify. But where Apple thinks our app doesn’t abide by their unilaterally imposed restrictions, they routinely reject our bug fixes and app enhancements that would improve user experience and the app’s functionality—leading fans to believe our app and tech abilities are subpar. Nothing could be further from the truth. And of course Apple never puts any obstacles in front of their own Apple Music app."

Homepod support? Airplay 2? The new functionality is accessible but you do not take the opportunity, Spotify.

Suggested posts