Premium

Country

Canada

Device

(iPhone 6s)

Operating System

(iOS 13)

Hi All,

Since the update I have been unable to turn off shuffle for podcast playlists I created or follow.

I have tried pressing the button to toggle, going to the actual track and looking for the shuffle option but it's not available, deleting the playlist and populating again, but to no avail.

The only thing that worked was doing a fresh install, which displayed the playlists as they looked before the update, and the shuffle option was back, but upon re-opening the app, the issue returned.

Music playlists are working normally.

31 Replies

The fact that we are 3 weeks without any response is clearly showing that Spotify doesn’t care about user issues as soon as they convince themselves it’s not an issue.

I’ve switched to Apple Podcasts. A lot saver to use while driving. Apple might not listen to consumers very well either, but at least they don’t provide a broken product and call that “a feature”.

This situation is surrealistic

Hi there folks,

Thanks for expressing your thoughts on this.

If you have an idea on how the experience can be improved, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented.

For now this is not something that the developers are working on as far as we're informed, so the best way around this would be to follow the workarounds that has @Katerina suggested.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

They're definitely making fun of us, I can't believe they're being so rude

Hi @Alex,

are you actually reading our posts or are you just adding a reply without actually having any clue on what is going on?

@Katerina is not providing a usable workaround, and that being said, a workaround is not a solution.

Suggesting (again) that we should make an idea suggestion is nothing more than disrespecting your paying customers.

That's ridiculous. Why would anybody want to shuffle podcasts that are supposed to be listened to in episodic order?

I have found a workaround for this! Since hitting play on a specific episode will not actually unshuffle the playlist - if you add one song to it, it will register as a normal playlist and you will get the shuffle button back. You can turn off shuffle, then remove the song and enjoy the playlist in the intended order.

Nothing will fix the locked on shuffle, it's a premium account feature to turn shuffle on and off. Only way to fix it is to pay for premium or install a "non official" spotify installer...

Plan

Premium Plus

Country

Australia 

Device

iPhone 15 Pro, Macbook Pro 2022

Operating System

iOS 17.3, OS 14.2.1 (23C71)

My Question or Issue

Yesterday my podcasts stopped playing in recent > oldest order, and now shuffle.

I don't have a shuffle button available anywhere. I tried turning it off in my music playlist, but still won't work.

Signed out of both IOS and OS, still won't work.

It's really strange behaviour. My queue will play a few podcasts from others that I follow, but then stop. If I turn shuffle off, it removes some but then only has 2 left.

And when I now click on the podcast, it goes way back to the first one in the entire series...

IOS version doesn't even have a skip button, just the 15 second skip. 

I'm completely confused. Why is it this complicated? As someone who likes to listen to one particular series of podcasts as I go to sleep, this is not good enough.

Any suggestions? 

Not really sure why my post has been put in this thread... presumably so it can be ignored.

"Expected behaviour"? Are you serious?

I want to listen to one particular podcast in sequential order, without it shuffling to other podcasts... And it's expected behaviour that I can't?

Whoever the product owner for Spotify Podcasts is, they need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Marked as solution

I had similar issue on Android. I have a list of podcasts and for some reason it starts to play in random order. When I press on the pause/play button on the top-right corner a small shuffle icon appears, but I see not possibility to turn it off.
Workaround: Add any non-podcast item to the list. Start to play this item. Turn off shuffle, then remove this item from the list. An voil`a, shuffle turned off! 🙂

Thank you! I’ll try that 😊

Suggested posts