NEXT STEP

iOS Update Flaws - Version 8.4.85.963

Solved!

iOS Update Flaws - Version 8.4.85.963

Plan: Premium

Device: iPhone SE

Operating System: iOS 12

My Question or Issue:

The new update (which was automatically installed without me realising) has removed the small arrow at the bottom left of the screen which allows you to view song information and get to the queue (see photos). It has been replaced with the heart to save songs (also I preferred it as a tick but that's beside the point), and it is quite fiddly to swipe up from the bottom of the screen to view the song info screen. Not only is it now inconvenient to access this screen, but the placement of the save/unsave button makes it extremely easy to accidentally unsave a song, meaning I have to save it again, where it is now placed at the top of the saved list (and often means I have to download the song again). Is there a way I can either go back to the previous version, or change the UI back to the arrow? It would also be nice if I could revert to the "plus and tick" interface for saving songs, but that's merely a cosmetic preference.

Thank you!

spotify 1.png
Spotify 2.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @jbailey27112000, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Even though the UI did change that bar's functions are still the same which means you can simply tap anywhere on it and it will go full screen, which is what a single button did before (the arrow).

About the placement, yes it's a bit tricky but me and my friends got used to it and it's not an issue now. However, if you would like, you can submit your idea about it in Idea Submissions board.

If you unsave the song it will not get deleted until you clean the cache, so no you won't have to download it again but once you save it again it will gain that status.

The heart icon change is an update to be more inline with the Free tier of Spotify but you can still find the plus-tick options if you tap on the … when the player goes full screen 

Hope it helps 🙂

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @jbailey27112000, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Even though the UI did change that bar's functions are still the same which means you can simply tap anywhere on it and it will go full screen, which is what a single button did before (the arrow).

About the placement, yes it's a bit tricky but me and my friends got used to it and it's not an issue now. However, if you would like, you can submit your idea about it in Idea Submissions board.

If you unsave the song it will not get deleted until you clean the cache, so no you won't have to download it again but once you save it again it will gain that status.

The heart icon change is an update to be more inline with the Free tier of Spotify but you can still find the plus-tick options if you tap on the … when the player goes full screen 

Hope it helps 🙂

Thanks a bunch @Loxer! 

Just a little confused about the tick though? I don't see options to choose the tick when I press the ... button? No dramas really though, it's only an aesthetic preference.

Hey @jbailey27112000,

That's my pleasure 😄

It should be there, check my screenshots:

There's the save button.There's the save button.And after I tap it the song get's saved to my Songs folder.And after I tap it the song get's saved to my Songs folder.

Ah okay I get it, I thought you meant it displayed when a song had already been saved. All good! Thanks again 🙂

It’s weird to have hearts and check marks serve the same purpose, but be in multiple places. I had the hearts for a while in a previous version, and was glad to check marks return, so I’m not stoked about the comeback of hearts. It’s such a visually demanding icon—this fat green heart, when every other icon is so thin and light. Also, the logic of it feels weird. I don’t necessary “like” every song or album I save—sometimes I just want to save albums to listen to later. Please bring back the checks. Why does premium have to get worse to match with the free tier?

Suggested posts