Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS album sort order different than on desktop

Solved!

iOS album sort order different than on desktop

On the desktop albums are sorted by artist first which makes a lot of sense because if you have a few albums from the same artist you can find each of them easily. On the iPhone they're sorted by album name which forces us to remember names of albums. I have tens, prob over 100 albums added, album names are random so each time I want to play something specific I have to scroll the entire list of albums to find it... Very illogical, I can't believe it was overlooked...

Spotify please fix it!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

In the desktop app, albums are sorted by artist by default, although there is a drop down option that allows you to sort it in different ways.

Those same sorting options should be coming to the iOS app in a future update. You'll then hopefully be able to sort them by artist in the iOS app as well. There is currently no estimated release for this though.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Marked as solution

In the desktop app, albums are sorted by artist by default, although there is a drop down option that allows you to sort it in different ways.

Those same sorting options should be coming to the iOS app in a future update. You'll then hopefully be able to sort them by artist in the iOS app as well. There is currently no estimated release for this though.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Matt, could you please answer this question: what is the purpose of sorting by albums by album name?

Would you keep your legacy CDs on the shelf this way? I bet you wouldn't!

So what I'm trying to say is that this is a flaw. I don't think adding different filtering options is that important. But it is important to fix that bug and have at least consistent default filtering maintained across all the different platforms.

So, could you please report it as a bug to be fixed in the next release?

Thanks for explanations!

Absolutely correct.  Why are we waiting around for them to implement something that should have been there from the beginning?  The people at Spotify must never have had a record/cd collection.

Looks like they just did it!

Thank you Spotify!

Suggested posts