Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS app pauses music when switch to safari

Solved!

iOS app pauses music when switch to safari

Running iOS5 on iPhone 4s. All updates applied.

When playing music in the app (offline mode), if I switch to safari, the music fades to pause. Does not do this on other apps.

Tried shutting down Spotify and relaunching, no effect.

Thoughts?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

This puzzled me, too, until I discovered one of the stacked pages open in Safari was a music site. Try clicking the two superposed boxes on the bottom right of the Safari screen to see if you have a music webpage stacked. Solved it for me.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Music tends to get faded and paused when another app has been opened that wants to output audio.

I always find that the BBC iPlayer app will fade any music playing when I switch to it because it feels the need to take control of audio even when I haven't asked it to play anything 😕

But I've never heard of Safari doing it. Has Safari got a particular page open? Like a video clip?
--
First was the record, then the cassette, the CD, then came along Spotify... that really did change everything!

I noticed a pattern when this would happen to me too, like George said. Except it was on safari pages and it was usually a page with video or audio even if it wasn't playing ATM. when I would switch over to my spotify app, it would pause as if mobile safari had some sorta media embedded in it that wanted to pla maybe? or something.. but not hearing anything when I'd check, but I wasn't surprised cause the page in safari was usually a blog or some music related site so I kinda figured it was something along there.

This just started happening to me this week on my ipad air... everytime I open safari (no video clip or audion on the page) it stops spotify...if not fixed I will cancel subscription shortly...

Is Spotify actually showing as paused in Control Center or is it playing but without sound?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Fixed. Might be a possible bug? Yes, with Safafi app previously opened, Spotify goes to pause mode, reopening Safari. But! GOOD NEWS: While playing the Spotify app streaming online, I just closed the Safari app and relaunched. Fixed! The browser opened with the preexisting pages loaded, Spotify continued in play mode. Runing iPhone 5, updates current as of 4/22/14

Marked as solution

This puzzled me, too, until I discovered one of the stacked pages open in Safari was a music site. Try clicking the two superposed boxes on the bottom right of the Safari screen to see if you have a music webpage stacked. Solved it for me.

Just had this same problem. I had a YouTube video on pause on one of the tabs in safari. Sorted now.

Suggested posts