Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS iPad App Crashes when selecting "Devices Available" list on "Today's Top Hits" Playlist only

iOS iPad App Crashes when selecting "Devices Available" list on "Today's Top Hits" Playlist only

Plan

Premium-Family

Country

Canada

Device

iPad Air 2

Operating System

iOS 12.1

My Question or Issue

When selecting "Devices Available" list the app jitters and then crashes hard. This only seems to happen when I'm playing the Spotify playlist "Today's Top Hits". I have not encountered it on any other playlist I've tried. Other playlists and songs all work and I can pull up my list and select the devices to stream to. I have a few different options in my listing: Bluesound Pulse Mini for Direct Streaming, a Chromecast, and an Airplay Receiver. But I can't even get the list to pull up to switch from iPad to these. I've tried resetting the app and the iPad, and no luck. Problem has only shown up recently, I used to stream this playlist regularly. Very strange bug, thought I should report it.

6 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

I have tried power cycling the iPad a couple of times, no luck. I haven't tried reinstalling the app as I have 2.6 GB of saved songs on there that would be blown away and then I'd have to figure out what was saved and reselect them all (unless you know of an easy way to save this from being deleted).

It's the latest version of Spotify for iPad that I can see.... 8.4.79 on iOS 12.1.

I'm having the exact same issue.  App works fine when playing "Your Daily Mix1" and selecting "Devices Available" and casting.  But when playing "Christmas Pop" and selecting "Devices Available" it crashes hard.

Got hte same issue while I had the Christmas Pop playlist selected.  Selecting any other playlist and the problem is gone.

Hey @TremaHD@AWDSOME & @scbowater,

Could you try the following:

• Turn on the "Show local devices only"
  • Does this happen before or after trying to connect to a device
  • Try to restart the devices by unplugging them and plugging them back (should refresh the connection).
  • Share a screenrecording from the point they go to the playlist, until it crashes. 
  • I'd suggest to reinstall the app if they haven't already.

Please let me know how that goes 🙂

Same here only with all playlists. I’ve reinstalled the app, done a few hard resets on the iPad and no luck. This issue just started and doesn’t affect my other iPad or iphone

Suggested posts