Premium

Country

Argentina

Device

iPod Touch 4g

Operating System

iOS 6.1.6

My Question or Issue:

I've been running Spotify flawlessly in my iPod touch 4g running iOS 6.1.6 until some days ago.

I used to log in from my Android phone to use it as a remote, and it showed the iPod as a Connected Device, selected it and it would control it perfectly.

A couple days ago I noticed this no longer works (the device never shows as Connected on any other platform, including Android, PC and MAC) and I've been trying to find a solution to no avail.

If I play anything on the iPod and then play other song on my Android device the playback stops on the iPod and a pop-up says "Spotify has been paused because your account is being used somewhere else", when previously it would show it as a Connected Device and play whatever I selected on my Android device.

So far I've tried:

-Reinstalling App on iPod (latest version compatible from App Store installs 1.8.1.8)

-Restoring iPod to factory, and reinstalling App

-Enabling DMZ on my router to the iPod to prevent port filtering

-Changing WiFi settings on all devices, restoring router to factory settings

-Connecting all devices on another working network

-Closing all active Spotify sessions, resetting offline statuses and re logging on premium account

Anyone lost this functionality as well?

20 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

To see if your device meets Spotify's system requirements, head here.

If it does and you're still experiencing an issue, make sure to start a new thread in the relevant section of the help boards here.

Thanks!

Suggested posts