Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] in car iPod track info stopped working

[iOS] in car iPod track info stopped working

Since the last 2 Spotify versions (running 7.9.0 now) when connecting my iPhone 6S with a lighting USB cable to my Volvo V60 MY13 the iPod track info stopped working. If works fine for the current song but as soon as the next song starts playing the dashboard just shows "Spotify". This used to work flawlessly for years until 2 Spotify versions ago. 

6 Replies

I received the update to Spotify 8.0.0 today but the issue remains. 😞

Drive several Volvos at work V70/V90, and a V60 MY13 as My private car... Issue is exactly the same... stopped working a few versions ago... Works great via BT, but there I have no timestamp nor any album/track-pics!

All other apps like Music, Cloud Beats, TuneIn, Simple Radio still work fine using the dock connector. It is definitely something Spotify screwed up. 

Anyone has a response from Spotify about this issue ?

Nope. I  noticed today that when I have a playlist on random the info will sometimes show up. When I play an albums from beginning to end, the info always disappears after the first song. Maybe this helps narrowing it down if the Spotify engineers ever decide to work on this. 

I may look for an alternative to Spotify at some point if they don't as I find myself now using it a lot less! Volvo is a big brand I'm suprised there isn't more complaints !

Suggested posts