Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS search function is not bringing back any results at all. Cannot search period.

Solved!

iOS search function is not bringing back any results at all. Cannot search period.

Description

Device + App Versions Being Used:

I'm on iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.2 (11D257), AT&T). Spotify Version build: 1.5.0.2728, but this has been happening for approximately 2 weeks, and the app auto updates so it's been the last 2 weeks of builds).  

A more detailed description, using numbered steps

1. Open Spotify 

2. Go to search

3. Search anything (ie. "a", or "bowie", or "david bowie", or "2 live crew"

4. Search displays text: "No results found for "david bowie". Please make sure your words are spelled correctly, or use less or different keywords". 

5. Tried closing app, re-opening, and trying steps 1 - 3. Same results as in step 4.  

6. Tried deleting app, downloading again, and trying steps 1 - 3. Same results as in step 4. 

What I expected to happen

Bring back search results that i was searching for. 

What actually happened

No search results. No results found for "david bowie". Please make sure your words are spelled correctly, or use less or different keywords". 

My iPad/iPhone model

iPhone 5, AT&T

Device’s Operating System

iOS 7.1.2 (11D257), AT&T)

Is your device jailbroken?

No

Approximately how many playlists do you have?

30 playlists. None are synced. 

My mobile Spotify version

Spotify Version build: 1.5.0.2728, but this has been happening for approximately 2 weeks, and the app auto updates so it's been the last 2 weeks of builds).  

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

N/A

My provider and country

AT&T, US

My username

=== END OF TEMPLATE ===

26 Replies

Looks like it is solved.

Thanks

Now it's working for me
Marked as solution

Awesome, thanks for confirming 🙂 

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

Seems to be back in order now.
So that's it ?
I mean, thanks for fixing it but... 24h without working and no explanation?
We have to be patient? Will you be patient if my credit card is not working when you bill next month?
Just wondering..

Fixed it! back to good music, thanks much.

Please help me as well - I have the same problem:

Spotify version: 2.2.0.2464

IOS 8.0.2

iphone 5S and iPad Air from 2014

I get this issue on the iOS version too; both on the iPad and iPhone.  

Basically everything is working fine and dandy then search wont return any results and I can't use the Goto Album or Artist features; just ... ... ...

I have to close the app and re-open it; then I'll be at the search results page and the results are there.

It's really aggrivating, sorry to be a whiney user.. i know the feels on your end.  Hopefully a solution is around the corner.

I'm on iPad version 2.7.0 release 3/23/2015 and it is still happening.  Thank you.

Suggested posts