Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone XS Max

Operating System

iOS 12.1.2

My Question or Issue

My app skips any song in my playlists after about 40 seconds. Even if I manually move the play point beyond that it skips immediately. I tried cache delete, restart app, restart phone, delete app, reinstall, turn off/on gapless etc. nothing works. Tried removing and redownloading songs and still no luck. Anyone have a solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: iOS skipping tracks prematurely

Rock Star 13
Rock Star 13

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? Sorry if this may sound a bit repetitive but if that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app by following these steps.

Make sure Spotify is up to date (current version 8.4.85). I'd also recommend using the Sign Out Everywhere and Remove Offline devices from your Spotify account page to see if that helps :)

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

LoxerRock Star 13
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
2 Replies
Solution!

Rock Star 13
Rock Star 13

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? Sorry if this may sound a bit repetitive but if that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app by following these steps.

Make sure Spotify is up to date (current version 8.4.85). I'd also recommend using the Sign Out Everywhere and Remove Offline devices from your Spotify account page to see if that helps :)

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

LoxerRock Star 13
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted
1 person liked this

Praminator
Casual Listener

i tried everything that was mentioned except logging into your account using a browser and select ‘sign out everywhere’. That finally seems to have done the trick. 

SUGGESTED POSTS