Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS sleep timer; won't stop playing Spotify

iOS sleep timer; won't stop playing Spotify

Before I used Spotify, I was an all iTunes man. Listening to that stuff all day and night until I was asleep. The handy feature of the iPhone sleep timer was that it could stop playing my music on my iPhone when the timer ended. This feature does not work for Spotify. It pauses the music for a slight moment and then Spotify continues playing. Has anyone any idea why?
5 Replies

Spotify used to work with the sleep timer but this functionality was broken a while back and bringing it back isn't currently a priority. More in this idea which you should add your support to.

You've got to be kidding me… not a priority?? Fixing a blatant abuse of a core iOS function is not a priority? Something's wrong when an app maliciously overrides a native function.

This is an issue with a number of music apps, not just Spotify.  Apple has never gotten the sleep function right.  I use a free app called "Music Sleep Timer".  Works with everything so far.

You can stop playing spotify using "My Music Timer"

Please check "My Music Timer" app.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/my-music-timer/id787182095?mt=8

Thanks

I've been using the music sleep timer from Jason Everett like most others until now. I've just noticed tonight ( mainly because Jason's app no longer works in iOS8, though he's working on it) that the Stock IOS8 sleep timer function in Clock now does work fully with spotify finally. I've tested it on iPad mini and iPhone 6 plus and its all fine!!! A million thanks to Jason for solving the problem in the meantime.

Suggested posts