Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPad 1 Users locked out of Spotify 0.7.4

iPad 1 Users locked out of Spotify 0.7.4

I posted in the release notes thread, but this is worth its own thread...

I've been using spotify on my iPad 1 just fine up until tonight when I reset my iPad to clear out a load of old junk... now I can't reinstall Spotfy because it says "iOS 6 requred"...  I had a look at the iOS4 app which is utter rubbish compared to the recent (iOS 5) version of Spotify for iPad; it'san ancient version of the iPHONE app. 

Please reinstate the availability of what ever version was before 0.7.4 for iPad 1 users

8 Replies

If it says iOS6 required, then maybe the Spotify team added new features that require iOS6?

Why don't you update your iPad?

Also, it's best not to splinter post...

Liam

I realise I ommitted a key fact:

It is not possible to put iOS6 on the iPad 1.  

So my choice is spend £400+ on a new iPad when my iPad 1 did 100% of what I needed up until yesterday or to cancel my Spoitfy subscription (or for the previous version of Spotify to be made available again).

I don't believe this is a splinter post; the other topic is related to release notes for the new version of Spotify.  This is a different, albeit related, issue.

Same problem here. I did the exact same thing. How come I can find spotify for ios4 and ios6 but not ios 5?

I totaly agree!!

Where can I get the version that was before 0.7.4 for iPad 1 with IOS 5.

Apparently you can't get it... and never will be able to.  Here's my reply from Spotify "help"

I don't get why they would grandfather in iOS4.  Must be iPhone 1 that can't use iOS5 or something... even the iPad 1 can use iOS 5.

Guess that's the end of Spotify for me.  Welcome to the brave new world of music you don't own and can be taken away in a blink.

Hey ,

Thanks for getting in touch.

As Spotify moves forward sometimes we need to drop updates for older OS versions and this is one of those occasions I'm afraid.

We are keeping the Spotify for iOS 4 app, and you can still continue to use that, which has most of the functionality.

I'm afraid, we won't be rolling back to actively support iOS 5 and I'm sorry for this but if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Kindest Regards,
Tom

Senior Service Advisor

Spotify Customer Support
ref:_00DD0pxIW._500D0URNzI:ref

Spotify have to make a version available for us with an iPad 1 with iOS 5.1.1. I reset the iPad today, and had Spotify installed before the reset, and now I cannot get Spotify due to the requirements of iOS 6.

Please make a version available for iPad1

The iOS 4 version of Spotify is your only option right now as Spotify no longer supports iOS 5. I have found the iOS 4 version for you to download here and here.

Spotify do not recommend you download any of their applications from unofficial sources, so you do so at your own risk. 

This is an issue the Spotify team are looking into, can you:

- Try going to App Store > Purchased > Spotify and see if you can install from there? 

- Install from iTunes on your computer? 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts