Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPad App will not play content I can play on my iMac?

Solved!

iPad App will not play content I can play on my iMac?

Morning all 

I have the standard account and play music quite happily on my iMac (logging in with Facebook)

I installed the iPad app this morning and tried to access music I'd been happily playing on my iMac (Joe Bonamassa, Driving towards daylight) 

The iPad app is showing all tracks as greyed out and gives me the message 'You need to be a Premium member to access this content' ...

Obviously, I don't as I'm not and can access the tracks under my account on my Mac. 

Any ideas what I might have done wrong/missed?

Thanks

Mark

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey FatBottomEnd, welcome to the Community.

It looks like you've got an Unlimited account, which will you give you endless ad-free listening on your desktop.

To listen to music on a mobile device such as an iPad however, you'll need to upgrade to Premium.

I hope this clears up the issue here.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey FatBottomEnd, welcome to the Community.

It looks like you've got an Unlimited account, which will you give you endless ad-free listening on your desktop.

To listen to music on a mobile device such as an iPad however, you'll need to upgrade to Premium.

I hope this clears up the issue here.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Thanks Richard ...much appreciated 

That makes sense. 

I was only trying it out , so it's not worth double the money to listen occasionally (my iPad is non-3g) so rarely out of the house anyway

Cheers

Mark

Suggested posts